Talk

Advanced search

Help! Urgent help needed - wedding guest tomorrow

(12 Posts)
TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 09-Aug-18 20:46:42

We’ve got a wedding tomorrow and I have been totally distracted recently and haven’t really thought too much about my outfit. (I have plenty of smart type dresses to choose from so I was figuring I would just pick one on the day)

Anyway - this is the dress and shoes I will be wearing. It’s an outfit I have worn a ton of times before so happy with it, but it’s only really clicked with me that if I need something on top I usually just chuck a denim jacket over the top - not really suitable for a wedding! I feel like for a wedding in a church it probably needs something, plus we have some rain forecast for tomorrow.

Anyway - what would you wear over this at a wedding? A shrug of some sort? What colour?

I will have time tomorrow morning to nip into town to pick something up if need be but won’t have time to search so specific ideas would be great!

happydays00 Thu 09-Aug-18 20:54:22

Love the dress. I'd probably put a light coloured structured/box jacket with it

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 09-Aug-18 21:02:15

I actually do have a kind of off-white boucle biker jacket which I have worn with the dress before too, (haven’t worn it in ages so forgot all about it) but, as with the denim jacket, I just think it’s maybe not smart enough for a wedding. It would def be better than the denim jacket so I guess that’s my backup, but I’m still not sure.

Dafspunk Thu 09-Aug-18 21:04:38

No advice but love those shoes

Bellabutterfly2016 Thu 09-Aug-18 21:07:39

Love that green dress it's fab

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 09-Aug-18 21:07:50

This is the jacket. It looks great with the dress but I’m just not sure it’s right for a pretty traditional wedding in a small town church.

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Thu 09-Aug-18 21:09:44

Ha! I love both the shoes and the dress! The dress is about 3/4 years old - I bought it when we lived in the US and wore it a lot there as we had the weather for gorgeous dresses most of the year round! I miss that!

The shoes were new this year and I love, love, love them - they make me smile just looking at them!

Cloudyapples Thu 09-Aug-18 21:17:15

I actually think that jacket would be fine for a wedding. Otherwise I’d say a wrap of some sort but might not be enough if cold and wet

MadMaryBoddington Thu 09-Aug-18 21:50:07

Navy jersey jacket? I have this in black and it’s lovely - smart but not officey.
www.whistles.com/women/clothing/coats-jackets/slim-jersey-jacket-28182.html?cgid=CoatsJackets_Clothing_WW&dwvar_slim-jersey-jacket-28182_color=Navy#start=0

MadMaryBoddington Thu 09-Aug-18 21:50:46

I love your dress btw

MoltonSilver Thu 09-Aug-18 21:55:19

I think the jacket is ok. You won't be wearing it for Long.

happydays00 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:07:42

I think the jacket is perfect! That's exactly what I would have suggested! You'll look fab!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: