Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone willing to help style a new mum for her first night out?

(8 Posts)
SailAwayWithMeHuni Thu 09-Aug-18 20:18:38

I’m a 31 year old first time mum to a 5 month old baby boy and I’m due to go on my first night out next week to a bar.

The problem is, I don’t fit into any of my old clothes both due to breastfeeding boobies and my mum tum.

I was thinking a jumpsuit and have ordered about 10 but they’ve all gone back as they just accentuate the belly. I’m now also suffering with glandular fever so my plan to go to the shops has failed.

One of the girls has said she is wearing a pleather skirt and top so that gives you an idea on the level of dressiness.

Does anyone has any suggestions on something suitable for me to wear that will hide my belly?

KavvLar Thu 09-Aug-18 22:12:24

Give us a bit to work with. What size and height are you roughly? Any favoured colours? I'm sure we can come up with something.

SailAwayWithMeHuni Fri 10-Aug-18 20:28:50

Sorry, gave a huge back story and left out the important info. Can I blame the baby and the illness? hmm

Preferred colour would be black or something dark. Definitely don’t suit light colours.

Im a size 14 and 5ft 7inches tall.

I don’t know why but anything with buttons always seem to gape on me.

AiryFairy1991 Fri 10-Aug-18 20:37:50

For my first night out I wore a black jumpsuit that showed off my new ahem assets and a floaty skirt that sat over my c-section flab!

Bodysuits should be realtively easy to pick up but an a line skirt might be harder. Do you have time to order online?

KavvLar Sat 11-Aug-18 18:39:10

Jumpsuit

Another jumpsuit

skater dress

something like this with dark jeans?

Any of these appeal?

KavvLar Sat 11-Aug-18 18:48:32

Or more like this?

dress

dress

Baubletrouble43 Sat 11-Aug-18 18:58:07

5'7" is usually the height when ime you get good enough legs to show off( I'm about 5'2 and mine are stumpy) if your legs are half decent I'd wear a floaty short dress ( tunic style?) And bare legs if sunny and you have a tan or black tights or leggings and ankle boots. Have fun!

Baubletrouble43 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:02:17

The blue dress kavlaar suggested is perfect

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: