Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Possibly getting cold feet over new Birkenstocks- are these really fugly?

(53 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 21-Jul-18 20:40:56

Just as a reminder I am the person who asked if the most horrendous green Hotter sandals were nice grin

Going on holidays and took the plunge and bought these, mainly because I love purple. Are they fugly? I am not 100% sure.

Peanutbuttercups21 Sat 21-Jul-18 20:42:08

Yes, but in a trendy way grin

TheOwlTheory Sat 21-Jul-18 20:42:31

Most definitely not ugly.

Squeegle Sat 21-Jul-18 20:46:03

I like them

LassWiADelicateAir Sat 21-Jul-18 20:46:22

Yes they are but if they are for walking around in a hot place on holiday it's allowed .
I sympathise re Hotter. I have a pair of red suede pumps which I can't decide if I love or loathe. The main problem is they were bought in Hotter and I know it.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 21-Jul-18 20:47:42

'Trendy fugly' you are on to something there Peanutbuttercups21 grin

ICanOnlyLaugh Sat 21-Jul-18 20:47:57

Personally I don’t really like them but on the right person they would look great. Wear them, love them and feel good in them, I say!

bluebeck Sat 21-Jul-18 20:51:49

I like them. I have Arizonas in black and they are very comfy.

Redland12 Sat 21-Jul-18 21:09:49

Yep I like them, I am a big fan of Birkenstocks.

theladylovescupcakes Sat 21-Jul-18 21:13:19

Love them. I've worn Birkenstocks for years but just bought my first pair of Arizonas.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sun 22-Jul-18 00:05:55

They seem quite big and wide (and this comes from someone who has hobbit feet). I sized down. I like the feeling of the footbed though.

I don't know whether I look nice in them. I love comfort, and again, the colour is amazing! If they weren't purple they could look like nun's shoes (no offence to any nun's reading).

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sun 22-Jul-18 00:06:46

Drop the apostrophe (face palm) confused

LunaTheCat Sun 22-Jul-18 00:15:03

You will look brilliant in them - so comfy. What colour toenails?

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sun 22-Jul-18 00:26:45

This has been my go to toe nail colour during the summer for a few years. It's a lovely deep blue.

noodlezoodle Sun 22-Jul-18 22:02:52

I absolutely love Birkenstocks and live in mine (always get Arizonas). I think they look great AND I love the nail colour - which one is it?

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Mon 23-Jul-18 08:32:43

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you noodlezoodle, it's OPI Yoga-ta get this blue.

noodlezoodle Tue 24-Jul-18 05:25:24

Fabulous! Thank you Martin (excellent name btw), it's on the shopping list smile

Fairylea Tue 24-Jul-18 10:40:05

Birkenstocks are ugly but that’s their charm. They are cute ugly; like pugs or those little trolls with sticky up hair people used to collect!

Go for it. I love love love my birkenstocks. I buy a new pair every year just because I love them so much.

MaudesMum Tue 24-Jul-18 10:47:47

I bought a pair yesterday - Arizonas in dark brown. Didn't mean to, but stepped into them in the shop and they were so comfy I couldn't resist...

MinesAWhitMagnumPlease Tue 24-Jul-18 10:49:10

You won't care because they are so comfy.

I was behind a woman in a queue yesterday who had Arizona in patent navy and they actually looked naice. I have two pairs both patterned. blush

ReggaetonLente Tue 24-Jul-18 11:18:07

I like them OP. You might have converted me to Birkenstocks!

Todamhottoday Tue 24-Jul-18 11:36:19

Birkenstocks are like marmite....

I love all of mine and worn them for years all styles, last count have 11 pairs.

Did get a blue metallic pair of Arizona and did not like them at first but must admit I really like them now.

My faves are the Gizeh, have them in 5 different colours, but couple are ready for the bin after about a dozen years. They are great for holidays as well as they are more study unlike fashion sandals, I can and have walked for miles in them.

I like the Zurich which are new, and I even have a pair of Arizona sheepskin lined slippers, soooooo comfy

Todamhottoday Tue 24-Jul-18 11:38:28

Oh and must add really like the brown lola low wedge

RoseWhiteTips Tue 24-Jul-18 13:18:04

They are hideous - any of them - and apparently they smell after a while. Not my thing.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 24-Jul-18 13:31:08

Just googled the Lola low wedge Todamhottoday. They are lovely smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: