Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Fake tan

(6 Posts)
candlefloozy Sun 24-Jun-18 08:03:51

What fake tan is good? It's been years since I've used any and that was fake bake which looked awful. Got a hen do next weekend and just wanted my translucent skin to look a bit darker. Not mega dark just so I'm not like Casper. Maybe a wash off one?

lulabaloo Sun 24-Jun-18 08:14:04

i use st moriaz, the medium tan! its only from home and bargain! id put it on a day before tho and let it settle down! always looks its best the 2nd day!

lulabaloo Sun 24-Jun-18 08:17:01

sorry just googled it and its actually called st moriz.

Pearlton Sun 24-Jun-18 08:46:14

Last week I used one from boots that comes in bright coloured bottles called Isle Of Paradise. There were two types, three shade choices but I used the water spray green coloured one. I'd seen it reviewed on YouTube before I chose it.

It takes 4-6 hours to develop. I have to say it's really, really good. You just spray it all over and blend. I just used my hands to blend it in then just washed them but you could use one of those mitt things. It doesn't come off on clothes or bedsheets after that, there's no mess to clean up. I put it on the night before and I've never had such a nice fake tan effect, streak free very natural.it lasted a week then wore off kind of all at once. No patches. I've used it again since then, just as pleased.

I am very fair, almost pasty and usually use st tropez the in the shower one. Which is nice but builds up over time to take effect. You put it on after you shower, wait three mins then wash off. Lol don't always have three mins! With this one, all you have to do is wait till it's blended then get on with your day. It's got a nice smell which is not too overpowering...sort of tropical floral.

Pastaallday Sun 24-Jun-18 08:53:21

St tropez mousse express is good. You leave it on for 1-3 hours depending on how dark you want, before washing off.

candlefloozy Sun 24-Jun-18 18:24:38

Thanks all. Think I'll go for the cheapest of the ones suggested

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: