Talk

Advanced search

diffuser for wavy hair

(10 Posts)
chickedychicked Sat 23-Jun-18 18:08:03

I have wavy hair that frizzes like mad but when styled right it cab look gorgeous.
I can't be bothered putting twenty different products in everyday. I bought a babyliss dry and curl with diffuser and although it did make my hair slightly curlier it still looked frizzy.
any recommendations for good diffusers? from budget to expensive I'm not bothered as long as it works.

321zerobaby Sat 23-Jun-18 18:55:45

I am really pleased with my dyson and diffuser, but its £££.
The latest way to dry wavy hair seems to be in a sieve! Sounds weird but apparently works really well, I haven't tried it.

chickedychicked Sat 23-Jun-18 19:10:27

I'll Google the sieve thing in intrigued. I'll try anything that works

chickedychicked Sat 23-Jun-18 19:37:00

hmm having looked at the sieve thing I don't know if that'll work.
any other recommendations for diffusers please?

CremeBrulee Sat 23-Jun-18 19:49:54

Get a Dyson hairdryer. It comes with a diffuser. Since I received mine I've gone back to my natural curly hair - no frizz. It is truly amazing!

hendricksy Sun 24-Jun-18 08:39:26

A new diffuser won't help , you need products . The hairdryers all do the same thing but your hair won't curl without styling.
You won't however need 20 products just one . I have curly hair and put a curl creme in it when it's soaking wet before I towel dry it and then diffuse . Easy peasy

Ypsilanti Sun 24-Jun-18 09:12:39

At the other end of the price spectrum(it’s about £20), I have the Remington D5215 and love it. The diffuser that comes with it works really well on fine, flyaway hair. No frizz.

Second the good curl creme comment too.

SmartyPants0 Sun 24-Jun-18 09:24:57

I would also suggest a product for curly hair. Brush your hair before you wash it, after washing wrap your hair in a turban till its nearly dry, no rough towel drying as that will make it frizzy... comb your hair with a wide tooth comb, use your product then diffuse sections of your hair at a time. Depending on how fit you are you could dry your hair upside down.
If I'm honest I never 100% dry my hair i then flip my head upside down and shake my head to let the curls settle... this seems to work for me

Topsyloulou Sun 24-Jun-18 09:35:01

Try the curly girl method, it works for wavy hair as well as curly. It helps you choose the right products to fight frizz & boost your curl. The gama diffuser is great, super big bowl & is only £12ish from Amazon.

tierraJ Sun 24-Jun-18 10:34:42

I've got a John Frieda frizz ease hairdryer & diffuser, it was about £25, very good.

I use umberto gianni curl jelly to scrunch my hair with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: