Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Choose my gold earrings

(8 Posts)
ElinorCadwaller Sat 23-Jun-18 15:08:22

I woul like to buy myself some gold earrings. I'd like them to be simple enough to wear every day, but a little bit more interesting than plain hoops or studs. Where should I look?

ElinorCadwaller Sat 23-Jun-18 15:35:19

I quite like these, for example, but I'm not sure how to gauge the price www.astleyclarke.com/uk/yellow-gold-plain-mini-halo-hoop-earrings-41020ynoe

Biologifemini Sat 23-Jun-18 15:38:44

Jewellery box
I love lots of the designs although you do have to trawl and they are all gold or silver

NobodysMot Sat 23-Jun-18 15:47:39

what about alex munroe humming birds on a sleeper. If I had the money!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 23-Jun-18 22:38:25

The halo hoops are pretty , but with the 'huggie' types they'll only fit if your earlobe is the right shape .
I have some gorgeous huggies (silver) less than the size of a new 5p but my lobes are small, there's no fleshy bit , my ear just joins my skull.
If you don't get it right they can pinch.

They are solid but no weight given so that;s another thing to consider , if they'll be comfy .

NobodysMot Sat 23-Jun-18 22:52:25

elephants on hoops

heart of gold alan ardiff earrings

garrett mallon celtic swirl

available in gold but to order

gold heart drop earrings

goose1964 Sat 23-Jun-18 22:58:32

Gorgeous but with a price to match. www.clogau.co.uk/jewellery/item/cariad-earrings-ce01

ElinorCadwaller Sun 24-Jun-18 08:05:56

Thanks for the links everyone and for the tips 70s-I don't know how to find out whether or not they'd fit me as I can't try them on. I'd also be worried about the hinge failing, although I do like the idea of something that fastens, rather than just hooks/butterflies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: