Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I would like a really lovely luxurious bath...

(30 Posts)
Moonkissedlegs Mon 18-Jun-18 20:54:43

So I have decided that I want to be a bath person. Candles, lights low, maybe some music, all of that.

Can anyone recommend any really lovely products to go in with me? I quite like the idea of oils, but do they make everything slippy afterwards? Are bubble baths quite drying? I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on something really lovely, but also open to cheap and cheerful as well.

clairethewitch70 Mon 18-Jun-18 20:55:36

Lush Karma bubble bar is my favourite. Lush Sexy Peel soap.

QuoadUltra Mon 18-Jun-18 20:57:35

Can’t bear Lush - they smell cheap.

Waitrose own Wild Fig bubble bath.

If you are blowing the budget: Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax or Laura Mercier Almond

DorothyBastard Mon 18-Jun-18 21:11:31

I love the Champneys Summer Dream
Bubble bath, smells gorgeous, not drying or slippery at all, makes a decent amount of bubbles but not too much.

goose1964 Mon 18-Jun-18 21:23:51

Badedas is very nice if you want a zing. I've just bought some Calcot Manor bath cream from Tesco lovely and relaxing.

AnnabelleLecter Mon 18-Jun-18 22:00:30

Lush creamy candy bubble bar is lovely.

Moonkissedlegs Mon 18-Jun-18 22:03:03

Thank you guys.

I love the look of Aromatherapy Associates but it is £££!

I'm not sure about Lush, but then I don't have one near me so I never really go in there. I might need to try it.

FreeButtonBee Mon 18-Jun-18 22:07:28

Ren rose Otto bath oil is lovely and adds a little milkiness to the water so you don’t have to contemplate your own fat tummy (maybe that’s just me!)

I find I need to do a full body scrub either before (salt scrubs on dry skin, dampen hands and re-scrub then get in bath and run the last bit off) or else scrub at the end of the bath with scrubby gloves and then shower to remove the ick

Moonkissedlegs Mon 18-Jun-18 22:08:43

Ren rose Otto bath oil is lovely and adds a little milkiness to the water so you don’t have to contemplate your own fat tummy (maybe that’s just me!)

Oh I like the sound of that!

WeShouldBeFriends Mon 18-Jun-18 22:09:11

I love just a couple drops of essential oil-geranium is my favourite.

drspouse Mon 18-Jun-18 22:21:34

I do find it nicer not to see the bottom of the bath (not really due to tummy, not sure why!) So that rose oil sounds nice.
Can I ask if it comes in a glass bottle?

FormerlyFrikadela01 Tue 19-Jun-18 09:31:46

I love these bath powders from a shop in Haworth (available online)

the-curiosity-society.myshopify.com/collections/therapeutic-bath-powders

The lavender bath smells gorgeous and makes the water feel so silky. The milk bath Is good too.

MinaPaws Tue 19-Jun-18 09:46:55

I was put onto Fenjal bath oil by S&B pages here. (Elegant glass bottle) The smell is of pine essence with a sort of milky, talcy scent underneath. I thought it was a bit grannyish at first but now I love it. Your skin feels fantastic afterwards - like silk - DH and DS both commented on it. And it's non oily oil, so neither you nor the bath are greasy afterwards.

I also love Origins Ginger souffle bubbles, but that is ££ and imo has gone downhill. The smell is not as intense as it used to be. Not that much different from Waitrose £2 Ginger and Clementine budget bubbles.

You will also need a selection of skin massage brushes and mitts, a face pack (Garnier Rose deep moisture cloth face pack is wonderful) a magazine, a head pillow, a glass of prosecco or a herb/fruit tea in a porcelain mug. Hoards of candles and some music in the background. (I love a good bath.)

That Ren rose oil sounds divine. On my wish list!

IJustLostTheGame Tue 19-Jun-18 15:12:25

Rose & co do lovely bath things, and they come in old fashioned type glass bottles.

shiklah Tue 19-Jun-18 15:13:44

REN Rose Otto is heavenly

phoolani Tue 19-Jun-18 15:43:20

nothing nicer than jo malone bath oil imo. expensive but it's just so lovely and smelly and silky and....! Also nice is the Occitane Lavender bath oil which is cheaper. Oh, and Molton Brown silver birth bath soak is also lush. Oh and the Neal's yard bubble bath stuff, not very bubbly but smells nice. We like baths round here!

Bakingberry Tue 19-Jun-18 15:46:47

Jo Malone and Molton Brown are my faves. They are expensive but last a long time and feel very luxurious. I know the White Company do a spa range. Haven't tried it but it smells lovely.

Moonkissedlegs Tue 19-Jun-18 16:19:14

So many lovely things to try here!

QuoadUltra Wed 20-Jun-18 18:20:38

All the Waitrose ones are good imo.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 20-Jun-18 18:29:44

YY to the Waitrose ones , I buy up one of each (shower and bath ) in every scent when I go there, often they're £1 grin

L'Occitane almond oil is supposed to be nice in the bath , I've only ever used it in the shower.

WigglyBlossom Wed 20-Jun-18 18:35:42

I LOVE the Aromatherapy Associates ones. A little really does go a loooooong way.

Also, Elemis Milk bath. Smells like malted milk biscuits.

Molton Brown is very nice too, but I find it a bit drying.

I miss my bath sad sad

WigglyBlossom Wed 20-Jun-18 18:36:46

Ooooh yes, L'Occitane Lavender bath stuff is gorgeous. The rest of their stuff is lovely too.

Chanelprincess Wed 20-Jun-18 22:00:33

Another vote for Aromatherapy Associates and geranium oil. Not a huge fan of Jo Malone bath oils as they don't seem to leave a lingering fragrance on me, although they smell lovely in the bath.

tonsattingforbjudes Thu 21-Jun-18 06:47:04

Another vote for L'Occitane...it's all lovely but I have a particular fondness for the Verbena bubble bath....and then the body lotion afterwards!

cricketmum84 Thu 21-Jun-18 07:18:48

My favourite is sanctuary spa. I just love the scent. They do a bubble bath and a bath oil although the oil is a bit slippery when getting out grin it's caught me out before lol! DH bought me a lovely set for my birthday that included candles and I finish off with the body butter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: