Talk

Advanced search

How to look expensive (in the summer) part deux!

(644 Posts)
Kokoloco Sat 16-Jun-18 10:41:10

I really hope I'm not overstepping the mark but I'm eager to ensure this thread continues! blush
Here's the second thread where stylistas keep us looking chic through the summer...

Kokoloco Sat 16-Jun-18 10:42:32

Link to the first thread...
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/3246339-how-to-look-expensive-in-the-summer

Kokoloco Sat 16-Jun-18 10:46:13

If I may start....I like the look of birkenstocks for a very relaxed look and pottering about. I found
moshulu bavaria
And link{https://www.moshulu.co.uk/wilma-2-toe-post-cork-footbed-sandals.htmlwww.moshulu.co.uk/wilma-2-toe-post-cork-footbed-sandals.html\wilma}
And I absolutely love the brown waxy leather, so natural and summery. Can't decide between the timeless 2 strap or the toepost. What do you think?

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Sat 16-Jun-18 10:48:46

Signing in. My fitflops (linked to by a pp on other thread) arrived and were horrible. So disappointed as the pic was lovely, so sent them back this morning. They were going to be my tan leather sandals, which it seems are key to looking expensive, so now I have lost my excuse to buy a tan leather bag to go with them! might buy one anyway
Did start my diet though, since it is easier to look expensive if not overweight, so that's good.

Kokoloco Sat 16-Jun-18 10:51:58

Oh also @Luxurywoman2017 on the last thread you mentioned some sandals you liked, it may be worth taking a look at some very similar ones in next, £22 but leather if that's what you prefer. Very similar simple style and they do them in gold, black, tan, navy I think.
www.next.co.uk/g892146s13#154233

Kokoloco Sat 16-Jun-18 10:55:32

Sorry for keeping pstng! My links messed up. Opinions sought on these in brown waxy leather....
wilma
bavaria

LuxuryWoman2017 Sat 16-Jun-18 10:57:53

Reporting for duty! Kokoloco I do like those very much, I am fairly olive skinned so they would look good with a tan, thanks for the link

LuxuryWoman2017 Sat 16-Jun-18 11:07:57

Oh Gawd, I like the corssover mules too. My poor credit card, my poor postman

Gah81 Sat 16-Jun-18 11:32:40

Placemarking. Currently wearing the Boden Antonia wrap dress I mentioned on the previous thread - but it has shrunk! Bloody viscose. Hopefully still expensive-looking wink

Be warned, MN-ers. Am wondering whether to exchange for the next size up...

LuxuryWoman2017 Sat 16-Jun-18 13:30:20

@ThenCameTheFools New thread!

ilovecherries Sat 16-Jun-18 13:51:22

I didn’t post much on the last thread, but loved reading it smile. Having lost over five stone in the last year, still trying to work out what I like, and what size I actually am. Finding shopping in the 10-14 space quite stressful as I still believe in my head that I’m bigger than that. Hence multiple purchases and returns. Getting to know my postie very well and try to sneak my many returns in with the ebay parcels containing my previous 22-24 size wardrobe. Shopping seems to have become my new hobby blush.

4yearsnosleep Sat 16-Jun-18 14:50:50

@ilovecherries I'm kind of having the opposite as I'm bigger than I've ever been! I've sent 6 parcels back today. I've found this thread has really helped me be pickier with clothes and buy things that mix and match really well.

4yearsnosleep Sat 16-Jun-18 14:53:30

Oh and Brandalley have some comfy-looking-but-also-stylish sandals. I'd order a pair but they don't do size 9 😒

ThenCameTheFools Sat 16-Jun-18 15:26:01

Thankyou Luxury! Here I am!
For the first time in ages, I have no school stuff to do beyond tidying papers so intend to spend the weekend website-wandering and seeing what has been reduced from my huge wishlist!
Sandals still a priority here too.Will probably go for Menorcan espadrille low wedges if I don't find a tan holy grail soon!
I tried the diy colour analysis thingy linked on another thread, and as I imagined am a cool(ish) summer, so pastels etc. Jolly good as I ordered a pale lilac and a pale aquamarint t-shirt from Mint Velvet.

LandOfOddSocks Sat 16-Jun-18 15:27:45

Aha! Found you. grin

4yearsnosleep Sat 16-Jun-18 15:55:12

I generally wear a blazer instead of cardigans. My navy one from Tu is all bobbled and I've been after a grey one. Tried the Uniqlo one and it was too big and too flimsy. Thanks to Google, I found one in each colour on the Joules website in the sale 🙌🏼 I've ordered both in 2 sizes so more returns are in my future 🙈

4yearsnosleep Sat 16-Jun-18 16:04:47

Before I go on holiday in August, I'm going to buy a new strapless bra. I'm hoping to tone up if I don't manage weight loss so I want to measure for one just before I go to get the best fit. Any recommendations on what will fit best? Probably a 36D or thereabouts

LandOfOddSocks Sat 16-Jun-18 16:56:27

I wonder how many of us will be bankrupt by the time we fill up the second thread. grin

BitOutOfPractice Sat 16-Jun-18 17:40:00

Hello! Found you!

BitOutOfPractice Sat 16-Jun-18 17:41:33

Oh I just wanted to tell you that I'm away this weekend (it's my birthday) and I felt by far the most stylishly dressed today in my walking tour. Thank you to this thread

LandOfOddSocks Sat 16-Jun-18 17:57:03

Happy birthday @BitOutOfPractice! cakewine

LuxuryWoman2017 Sat 16-Jun-18 18:01:31

Happy birthday Bitoutofpractice whatcha been wearing?

QueenofLouisiana Sat 16-Jun-18 18:08:54

I’m not feeling at all expensive today- my hay fever is through the roof and a bright red nose and watery eyes are never going to be a style statement!

However, my massive sunnies matched my new tan bag (the personalised tan one from Next), so I hid the worst of the damage. I’m hopping my polka dot palazzo pants and ribbed top looked reasonable- they are so comfortable and I needed that as an antidote to the itching!

I’m struggling to enjoy the weather- a bit muggy, but not really warm, minimal sun today but breezy. Dressing for the weather has been difficult. What did you all wear today?

LandOfOddSocks Sat 16-Jun-18 18:13:02

@Kokoloco I prefer the toe post ones, they are very similar to some Birkenstocks that I have. They look a bit more feminine than the two strap ones, but both are nice.

LuxuryWoman2017 Sat 16-Jun-18 18:41:19

QueenofLoisiana I'm wearing white wide legged trousers with a cream/brown print shell top. Soon to change into pyjamas!

I didn't wear foundation this week and honestly think I look younger (could be the spots) smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: