Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

LED light treatment

(194 Posts)
montenuit Fri 15-Jun-18 08:17:06

Yesterday i had a complimentary LED light session at the beauty salon.

OMG my skin - redness gone down, pores disappeared.

Am so tempted to do a course. So expensive though. Has anyone else used it? Is it worth it? How many do you need to do and how often for it to have a long term effect?

ScreenQueen Fri 15-Jun-18 11:31:29

I am a big phototherapy fan. Am I right in thinking you did red/amber? Omnilux? Yes to nice immediate effects, but the big benefits come after 6+ weeks (collagen formation cycles) and are depend on frequency and strength of treatments. How much is the course? How many sessions and how long each time?

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 15-Jun-18 16:31:02

I bought a mask off amazon. Really pleased with it.

I don’t know why it isn’t more widely used.

Crusoe Fri 15-Jun-18 20:18:17

Fluffycloudland which mask did you go for? I’ve been thinking of getting one.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 15-Jun-18 20:35:01

Its a beauty star one, id go for one with a neck attachment now though.

I've started giving my hands 10 minutes on red every night too.

princesstiasmum Fri 15-Jun-18 20:45:37

Fluffy what were the effects of the mask from Amazon? i have been looking at them too, but wondered if they really made any difference

montenuit Sat 16-Jun-18 15:46:05

it was dermalux

£400 for 10 x 20 minute sessions or £30 if an "add on" treatment to i assume a facial or similar.

very tempted.

montenuit Sat 16-Jun-18 15:46:17

can you link to the mask?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 16-Jun-18 15:59:34

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NANWGRK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8

This one but mines white, not gold. I’d still for one with a neck attachment though if I was in the market for one.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 16-Jun-18 16:06:00

Sorry, effects. My skins firmer, I don’t get spots unless I stop using it for a week. I don’t have any wrinkles anyway so I can’t report on wrinkles.

I used last years sunblock on skin I’d used the ordinarys Glycolic peel & gave myself hyper pigmentation and the green setting is fading it. My hands have had had 3 or 4 blasts and the back of the hand looks better, fingers need more treatments I think.

princesstiasmum Sat 16-Jun-18 16:28:02

I have looked at these on Amazon, but the best results seem to be for anyone with acne,
I cant see any with a neck extension, or much about skin tightening,

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 16-Jun-18 16:39:38

www.amazon.co.uk/Care-Treatment-Phototherapy-Home-Wholesale%C2%AE/dp/B06XJ26CQY/ref=sr_1_11_s_it?s=beauty&keywords=led+mask+therapy&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1529163510&sr=1-11

This ones got a neck piece.

ScreenQueen Sat 16-Jun-18 17:31:33

Product by redlightman.co.uk get very good reviews and produces high strength products at relatively low prices. I use a very high power system bought in US that's no longer available for consumer sales. It's important to calculate your irradiation dosage to compare relative performance of different product. If a product doesn't have a tech spec to enable you to do this it's unlikely to be strong enough to do much for collagen stimulation, more just superficially (which is also nice!). Love, love, love my lights.

ScreenQueen Sat 16-Jun-18 17:41:16

redlightman.com/blog/complete-guide-light-therapy-dosing/

Link to site mentioned and more info on dosing info. I haven't used this supplier but I've used a similar system (red 635, separate amber and separate green. I avoid infrared as it can increase pigment and I want to avoid that risk)

HesterHare Sun 17-Jun-18 10:30:40

I'm just doing some reading up on this after ScreenQueen directed me to this thread, looks really promising! Am I right in thinking red light is different to infrared, I need something for wrinkles but have hyperpigmentation on my chest so don't want to risk getting more.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 17-Jun-18 15:14:50

Yes, infrareds different. Interestingly more sunblocks are advertising infrared screening properties too. La roche posay use them, some of the more expensive Superdrug ones use them as well.

In America they do red light beds. Literally my idea of heaven. They are seriously expensive though and only one surface so you’d need to turn over.

ScreenQueen Sun 17-Jun-18 15:20:38

Hello Hester. Yes, infrared is not the same as "red".... the terms apply to specific wavelengths. If you're reviewing research for peri orbital line reduction you'll always see specific wavelengths mentioned. My red wavelength is 635nm and for her I'm on 590nm. For info about how to get best results (treatment procedures, serums to apply before and after) the essentialdayspa. forum has outstanding info.

HesterHare Sun 17-Jun-18 18:24:50

Brilliant thanks, I've been looking for at the masks mentioned here and on other review sites and think I might put one on my Xmas list!

montenuit Mon 18-Jun-18 08:59:14

is johnroseeyecare.co.uk/Photobiomodulation.php_photobiomodulation the same thing as the dermalux but for the whole body?!

montenuit Mon 18-Jun-18 08:59:38

johnroseeyecare.co.uk/Photobiomodulation.php

Crusoe Tue 19-Jun-18 18:47:22

I have bought a photon mask and WOW! I have used it now 3 times and there is a real difference. The horrible dry spotty patch on the side of my nose that has been there for weeks and weeks is dramatically smaller and healing at last. My skin feels smoother and softer and just generally looks better.
I was truly sceptical but honestly I’m so impressed so far.

HesterHare Tue 19-Jun-18 21:20:47

Which one did you go for @Crusoe?

Crusoe Tue 19-Jun-18 21:35:26

I went for this one: www.projectebeauty.com/products/led-photon-therapy-red-blue-green-light-treatment-facial-beauty-skin-care-mask

HesterHare Tue 19-Jun-18 21:58:04

I keep going between that one and the Missammy one with the neck attachment, can the wavelength be intensified at all on yours or is it set at a certain number?

Crusoe Tue 19-Jun-18 22:31:28

You can change the “energy” on mine but I haven’t really played around with that yet.
Downside is it is heavy and not very comfortable but if the good results continue worth it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: