Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help me style/ accessorise this plain Boden dress please!

(7 Posts)
funnyfoursome Thu 14-Jun-18 13:46:32

So this dress looks amazing on. It's v plain though and I'm not great with necklaces - more of a bangle/ bracelet person. I've got a ton of coloured cardigans but that's it. What would you wear it with?!
www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses/day-dresses/j0211/womens-nicole-jersey-dress

Ellapaella Thu 14-Jun-18 17:14:51

Denim jacket (slim fitted one not the oversized ones) either earrings or necklace but not both. Some nice delicate sandals. Is it the patterned one that you've got?

funnyfoursome Thu 14-Jun-18 17:43:49

No it's the navy one. I loved the orange one but it was the wrong shade for me and just looked awful so sent it back and reordered black and navy. I'm going to keep the navy I think!

halfwitpicker Thu 14-Jun-18 19:19:45

I'd wear it with silver heels and maybe a leopard print floaty cardigan.

The navy is pretty versatile: bright pink would look fab with it too.

funnyfoursome Thu 14-Jun-18 21:55:46

Wow thanks halfwit - would never have thought of that!

CountFosco Fri 15-Jun-18 06:14:09

It's lovely in navy. Agree it's versatile, wear it with a bright statement bag or shoes or belt. Orange, red, yellow, metallics would all look good. A word of warning about leopard print, it's often got a lot of black in it so despite it being a neutral I find it harder to pair with navy than with black or grey.

funnyfoursome Fri 15-Jun-18 17:17:43

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: