Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How do you get volume in the back of your hair?

(17 Posts)
Eesha Wed 13-Jun-18 23:22:09

So every time im in a changing room, I can see the back view of my hair looking flat. So clearly I’m not doing something. Is there a magic dryer that can give my hair bounce at the back?

melse2964 Thu 14-Jun-18 00:19:21

You cud try backcombing it a little xx

LapsedHumanist Thu 14-Jun-18 03:28:37

Shagging.

SadieContrary Thu 14-Jun-18 03:51:55

I can't remember the name of the product (helpful, I know!), but look in the hair care aisle next to the hair mousse etc
It comes in a little tub and it's powder, almost like a talc. Tub is about the size of food spices in width but shorter. I'm sure VO5 make one. Anyway, lift the top layer of your hair at the back, sprinkle some on and give it a ruffle. Over the course of the day you can ruffle it back up/backcomb it.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Thu 14-Jun-18 04:18:27

I use the oribe dry texturising spray in the same way that Sadie says: lift up your hair, spray on the roots and ruffle.

BendyBusBuggy Thu 14-Jun-18 12:10:05

It may also have to do with the cut

If you have thin or very straight hair you may need layers if you want volume

I also find it depends on the shampoo and conditioner, you could try different ones to see which keep more volume. Bed head works for me

Eesha Thu 14-Jun-18 13:10:54

Hi, I think I don't give it enough volume initially after drying it. I have Babyliss big hair but tend to focus on sides and forget about the back. Is there another electrical product which might work?

DuchyDuke Thu 14-Jun-18 13:27:10

Use the babyliss big hair with your head (and hair) hanging upside down. It allows you to really get volume at the back of your head. Also, ‘back straightening’ also helps.

SadieContrary Fri 15-Jun-18 04:46:27

Yes! How could I forget, look up ProBlo - https://www.problogroup.com/

Absolutely love mine! A bit tricky once you first start using it but I got the hang in no time

SnartyFartBlast Fri 15-Jun-18 22:18:47

The magic back combing brush from Primark!
Big hair is good too, but a bit of e yes oomph from the brush will add volume at the crown.

Laiste Fri 15-Jun-18 22:31:49

LapsedHumanist Really laughed at that grin
It's not just me then ...

moredoll Fri 15-Jun-18 22:36:50

I can't remember the name of the product (helpful, I know!), but look in the hair care aisle next to the hair mousse etc
It comes in a little tub and it's powder, almost like a talc. Tub is about the size of food spices in width but shorter.

I think that could be got2be? It's good for giving body.

AuntyJackiesBrothersSistersBoy Sat 16-Jun-18 11:31:18

This. It’s good!

JaneJeffer Sat 16-Jun-18 16:07:30

I think Sadie means this stuff. DS2 thinks "plumping powder" sounds hilarious!

SadieContrary Sat 16-Jun-18 16:16:04

Jane I used a different brand but that's the very stuff I mean - thanks!

MissVanjie Sat 16-Jun-18 16:24:09

You need a dressing out brush to back comb with and something to put in your hair to give it a bit of grip. I like the purple volumising batiste shampoo, or you can get some got2be stuff in b and m bargains and the like places. It makes you hair feel gritty and dirty but don’t worry, that’s part of the fun

MissVanjie Sat 16-Jun-18 16:25:04

Wait till yr hair is bone dry to backcomb btw or you will wreck the shit out of it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: