Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

When did your teenage DS start to wear mens sizedesigner clothing?

(12 Posts)
MrsMoastyToasty Wed 13-Jun-18 22:43:09

I had a quick look around our local Matalan tonight for some clothes for my DS. He's about 4ft 11in tall but everything looked small in the chest for him. They also use age rather than height and chest/waist/hip measurements which I don't find helpful. It set me wondering how much longer I will be able to dress him in boys clothing. He's just about to turn 12.

MrsMoastyToasty Wed 13-Jun-18 22:45:36

Title should read "sized clothing " we're not looking at designer brands

Happyandshiney Wed 13-Jun-18 22:46:27

My 10 year old DS is 5ft 4.

He is in men’s shoes but still in children’s clothes, usually an age 12.

He’s tall, broad shouldered and slim.

He fits men’s tshirt sized small though they are a bit long on him still.

MrsMoastyToasty Wed 13-Jun-18 22:55:09

Luckily I don't have to buy mens shoes for him yet as he's only a size 5 and I think that the largest boys shoe size is a 6.
I think Toasty Junior is just about to embark on another growing spurt, evidenced by the rapid rate at which our cupboards and fridge are emptied.

QueenofLouisiana Wed 13-Jun-18 22:58:52

DS was 12, going into xs tshirts at just turned 12. He was 13 a few weeks ago and now takes an M shirt (or 14 1/2 collar). He wears xs shirts etc and 28x28 jeans in Boohoo men.
However, he’s about 5’9”, with very broad shoulders. He can’t get much less than an age 16 school shirt round his shoulders.

QueenofLouisiana Wed 13-Jun-18 23:00:19

Oh- his friend is waiting hopefully in the M size Superdry and Northface tshirts and jacket. I don’t think they’ll last much longer!

Pascall Wed 13-Jun-18 23:12:25

DS is 12. 5ft5 with size 9 feet. It's a nightmare to be honest as his arms, legs and feet are long and skinny and children's clothes and shoes are too small for him, but men's (even xxs) are too wide.

It doesn't help that he's also suddenly very conscious of how he looks so will not have anything if it's not from JD Sports or Sports Direct.

RoseDog Wed 13-Jun-18 23:17:42

Ds was 13 in April, he has been wearing men's medium clothes since Xmas and men's shoes for about 2 years, he's 5ft8 and has size 10 feet!! He's as skinny as a rake though!!

goose1964 Thu 14-Jun-18 06:57:51

Mine were early teens,IIRC

ProperLavs Thu 14-Jun-18 06:59:14

12/12 I think.

Chocolatecake12 Thu 14-Jun-18 07:02:36

About 12/13. My ds 16 was very interested in having branded clothing so the outlets were very good for this.
My ds11 cannot wait to fit into men’s size xs. They are just a bit too big at the moment.

Diamonddealeroncemore Thu 14-Jun-18 08:33:01

DS has just turned 13, he’s 5’3 tall and is now starting to wear XS men’s clothes. He could probably wear age appropriate teenage stuff but not many places do it and he tends to gravitate to the men’s section where he has more choice. H&M is his favourite. His feet are a size 8 so definitely mens shoes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: