Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bra fitting

(3 Posts)
sonjadog Wed 13-Jun-18 21:05:47

I´ve just bought some new bras. I noticed that my old bras weren't fitting well, so I measured myself as suggested online and ended up ordering a lower chest measurement and a larger cup.

So now I have these new bras and I am noticing a few things are different. Firstly, they cover a lot of my breasts. Like completely. Is that the way bras are meant to be? I've always had a bit of a cleavage in the middle with previous bras. Secondly, my boobs seem to be further away from each other than previously. They aren't under my armpits or anything like that, but they are definitely more separated than before. Is that the way it´s meant to be with a properly fitting bra?

While the chest measurement seems right now, I'm wondering if I need a lower cup size or if this is the way a bra is really meant to fit...

dementedpixie Wed 13-Jun-18 22:00:19

It's maybe the style of bra rather than the size that you need to change. What guide were you using to measure against? What are your under and over bust measurements?

Strongbeatsskinny Wed 13-Jun-18 22:33:48

Sounds like a balcony bra full cup style by how you describe the fit

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: