Talk

Advanced search

This is really embarrassing but could you please tell me which dress you prefer?

(288 Posts)
oooompa Wed 13-Jun-18 19:25:31

I would never normally do this, being the size of an elephant and everything, but I have a wedding very soon and need to pick a dress. Have had mixed opinions so far so hoping to get more opinions (sorry about the state of my living room as well)

Please try not to laugh at my headless pictures, I've name changed as I post quite a lot and don't want to be outed 

The green I feel more comfortable in as it doesn't cling, is comfy and is my favourite colour. But the high neckline makes my already huge boobs look matronly (I am wearing a new, well fitting bra so it's not the bra making them look saggy but the dress!)

The blue I prefer the neckline but feel the top is too big and the bottom part too small (hate that you can see my tummy as well )

I have ginger hair, blue eyes and as you can see, Casper skin!!

Any tips on how you would style either dress? I have no idea! I can only wear small heels but would prefer flats even though I don't think they would go. The shoes I'm wearing are just to see what the dresses look like with tights and shoes! Oh, and to make it more difficult I need size 9 extra wide fit so not many places I can buy shoes from sad

Please help me!!

HelloDC1 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:27:05

I think the green!

Lovely colour and very flattering smile you look beautiful!

SomethingAboutNothing Wed 13-Jun-18 19:27:26

I like the green one. You are the same colouring as me, and I always get lots of compliments wearing green. It looks lovely on you.

OhHolyFuck Wed 13-Jun-18 19:27:36

I have that green dress! Simply Be? So obviously that's my favourite, I do think it's flattering on you

Nowthereistwo Wed 13-Jun-18 19:28:49

I like the green as well

LongNLean Wed 13-Jun-18 19:28:58

The green looks gorgeous on you, I'd defo go for that one.

anotherangel2 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:29:02

Green

Heismyopendoor Wed 13-Jun-18 19:29:08

First of all, you aren’t the size of an elephant and secondly, there is no need to be embarrassed.

I think I prefer the blue. But I think you would suit something with more tailored sleeves.

Greekisland Wed 13-Jun-18 19:29:10

The green!

Yika Wed 13-Jun-18 19:29:27

I like the green one. I think you do need heels with it though.

littlecabbage Wed 13-Jun-18 19:29:52

I prefer the green. Blue one looks okay but I like the fit and colour of the green one best.

DrLucyMaxwell Wed 13-Jun-18 19:29:59

The green looks lovely, not matronly at all. I agree the proportions aren’t great on the navy, and too close to the colour of your tights.

Heismyopendoor Wed 13-Jun-18 19:29:59

Hmm I actually think the green! I’m so indecisive lol. I think the green has a very ‘Adele’ vibe to it

Grasslands Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:01

oh no, sadly the first one has me thinking of robin hood men in tights, and the second needs a nice belt or something at the seam line...
with the black tights and shoes especially both are a huge no from me.

MistyReturns Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:01

Green for sure. You’re boobs don’t look matronly at all - ample for sure. Very flattering & you don’t look the size of an elephant in that dress.
Green with the Celtic colouring is always gorgeous in my opinion.

OliviaBenson Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:06

Green!!

Hellbentwellwent Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:08

Love the green apart form the neckline. Could you get it taken to a seamstress to get the same neckline as the blue on? The blue is very flattering on the neck, but if you’re not comfy then there’s no point, you’ll not settle the whole time you’re wearing it

Myneighboursnorlax Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:14

The green is lovely smile

welshmist Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:24

I love the hem on the blue.

Scotlass Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:29

The green one definitely

Sorry not good at offering style advice re shoes and accessories

Gottaloveatrier Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:29

I like the green too. The shape is lovely. Maybe with some chunky jewellery?

oooompa Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:32

@OhHolyFuck yes! It's my first time buying clothes from there, I normally just buy shoes but I really loved the dress!

I have a lot of emerald green in my wardrobe (most of it doesn't fit after baby came along though!)

I'm happy people so far like the green, I was hoping to do my hair in a 1950's curl and channel Rita Hayworth (or as near as I can get!)

mimibunz Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:33

The neckline and silhouette of the blue are perfect for your figure. Looking good, OP!

roratone Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:34

Green. Boobs look great!

argumentativefeminist Wed 13-Jun-18 19:30:53

The green definitely! It looks gorgeous and it's so important to feel comfortable. I think a pair of simple flats would work!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: