Talk

Advanced search

What's your least favourite beauty task?

(55 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Wed 13-Jun-18 17:23:51

For me it's nails. The thought of going to the effort of filing, painting and maintaining nails makes me want to pull my eyeballs out 🙈 And despite trying to keep them healthy, using strengthener and not painting too often, they always flake away and look shite and neglected sad

I've just spent the last 30 minutes putting a base coat, colour and top coat on my toes only to have my 4 year old stand on my left foot and undo half my work hmm

Go on, what's yours?

BackByDopeDemand Wed 13-Jun-18 17:25:16

I am dyspraxic so long ago gave up doing my own nails and get orange fissionable manicures/pedicures instead.

But for me it’s fake tanning. The gaff of hanging about naked while it dries and the smell <ick>.

BackByDopeDemand Wed 13-Jun-18 17:25:40

orange fissionable = professional

Gosh I need glasses!

Lottapianos Wed 13-Jun-18 17:26:55

Sometimes i can't be arsed to 'wash my hair' i.e. conditiiner wash my hair, rinse, put my curl cream in, scrunch it, wrap it in a microfibre towel, wait, put gel in, scrunch it, wait, then diffuse it. I still do it though grin

Putting on body lotion feels like a faff some days too, even if it does only take 30 seconds

MikeUniformMike Wed 13-Jun-18 17:27:27

I want orange fissionable manicures and pedicures

frasier Wed 13-Jun-18 17:30:44

Everything!

I hate going to the hairdressers, having eyebrows waxed, nails...

I like the result, just hate the chore of doing it or getting it done.

Why these things are considered a “treat” I don’t know!

happymummy12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:38:10

I don't have many beauty tasks. I have my acrylics done every 2 weeks, my eyebrows waxed every 3-4 weeks depending on growth. I go to a lovely local salon 10 minutes walk from home. It's my time to be out the house alone and relax. I look forward to my appointments.
I never wear any makeup or tan or anything like that. I don't do any sort of moisturising at all.
Mine would have to be doing my hair. I've got waist length naturally curly hair that goes dry and frizzy, especially after being washed. So washing, conditioning, drying and straightening my hair I absolutely hate doing. I need to get it trimmed, I haven't been to the hairdressers since August 2012.

RiskIt4Biscuit Wed 13-Jun-18 17:53:21

Drying my hair - it takes forever.
Putting on body lotion - maybe I just haven't found the right one yet, but I find it so annoying, I don't like the sticky or greasy feeling, and I get tired of the scent (even unscented ones) really quickly. And some of them stain my clothes if I get dressed too quickly. It's just a nightmare.

MarkleSparkle Wed 13-Jun-18 17:59:26

Personally if I find something's a task I stop doing it - painting nails, fake tanning. And either never do it or go back to it when I fancy doing it again.

But I find sometimes essentials like washing my hair a pain - I have very long, very thick hair so I have to think about when I wash it as it takes a while to wash and dry etc.

trigger2 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:39:38

Hair removal - I mean I do what I need to but I find it a chore !

YoucancallmeVal Wed 13-Jun-18 18:42:44

Another for hair removal. I've got PCOS and am like an English sheepdog.

Giovanna75 Wed 13-Jun-18 18:43:53

Everything ! Absolutely hate dyeing my hair but hate going to the salon even more. It takes up so much time and has to be done so often ( in my case anyway! ).

ShirleyPhallus Wed 13-Jun-18 18:44:13

Drying my hair is so fucking boring

I’d like there to be one massive wand that picks it up and curls it in to a blow dry effect in seconds please

lurkingfromhome Wed 13-Jun-18 19:13:26

Drying my hair (takes DAYS, is DIFFICULT, can't be combined with reading or watching telly at the same time).

Since I was a child I have always hated brushing my teeth for some strange reason. I mean, I do do it twice a day, but it always seems like such a chore compared to, say, washing my face. smile

Lottapianos Wed 13-Jun-18 19:17:06

Lurking, I'm the same. I enjoy cleansing my face and doing my skincare stuff, but teeth brushing and flossing is so bloody boring!

GinandGingerBeer Wed 13-Jun-18 20:14:37

Taking my make up off. I always leave it until I'm completely knackered and regret not doing it as soon as I get in.
Applying fake tan.

HappyGirlNow Wed 13-Jun-18 20:20:11

Hair... washing it.. drying it.. styling it.. I do as little as I can get away with...

goose1964 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:20:11

Defuzzing, I'm living in trousers / maxis so I don't have to do my legs

Passthecake30 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:18:27

I'm low maintenance, I don't do nails or fake tan.

I'd say mine was plucking my straggler hairs underneath my eyebrows. Why don't they just get the message and stop growing?!!

Chocolatecoffeeaddict Wed 13-Jun-18 21:21:48

Fake tan. Never have time to do it properly with four young kids so I either stay white or end up streaky from rushing it.

Belindabauer Wed 13-Jun-18 21:30:41

Hair removal.

YorkieDorkie Wed 13-Jun-18 22:06:47

Removing make up. Oh, and hair washing!

Redcrayons Wed 13-Jun-18 22:08:47

Taking my make up off.

dementedma Wed 13-Jun-18 22:19:59

i'm very low maintenance - no nails, fake tan or pedicures. have short thick hair which just air dries.I don't even own a hairdryer!!
But I do colour it at home and that is such a messy process, no matter how careful I am!

elQuintoConyo Wed 13-Jun-18 22:50:27

Most of it, so i don't do much.

Of what i do, getting rid of body hair (legs and bush - it's like i have a bear strap-on) does my bloody head in. Scrape. Scrape. Scrape. Rip. Rip. Rip. Wince. Wince. Wince. Repeat. Grrrrrr angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: