Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

See-through clothes. How to wear?

(6 Posts)
BeginningToWobble Wed 13-Jun-18 09:29:34

Am I missing the point? I just ordered about 10 shirts off of the internet to try on (local shops abysmal) and half of them are so see-through that you can see the silhouette of my body and bra. I was hoping to find something suitable for interview, but these are clearly not. I never see anyone walking around in such obviously thin material, is there a trick that I don't know of?

And one of the shirts is lovely, but one sleeve is too tight on my arm. Is it worth ordering a second one the same and sending the first back in the hope the one I have is just cut badly?

BarefootHippieChick Wed 13-Jun-18 09:35:07

Find a nice camisole /strappy vest to wear underneath? That's what I do.

BeginningToWobble Wed 13-Jun-18 09:37:59

So you just see the vest rather than the bra outline? Does that make it interview proof then? Or would it be still too see-through to be decent?

HildaZelda Wed 13-Jun-18 09:59:30

I have a few see through shirts and I usually wear a lace bralet underneath. I wouldn't wear something like that for an interview though. It's not formal enough.

BarefootHippieChick Wed 13-Jun-18 10:28:32

I don't know about interview proof, I suppose it depends on the colour of the top underneath, black or dark colours would probably be ok as they aren't see through, but maybe not white.

Jolonglegs Wed 13-Jun-18 10:39:02

I suppose it depends on what the interview is for. For a managerial job, see thru tops are a no-no, but for say a designer in a design studio they could be ok. I don't wear see thru tops at work even with a cami. If in doubt, play safe and buy one non-sheer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: