Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best fake tan

(13 Posts)
whymewhyme Tue 12-Jun-18 22:15:23

Best fake tan recommendations please grin I'd like something that doesn't stink too much!

whoopsiedaisies Tue 12-Jun-18 23:21:19

Dove gradual Tanner is my new fave- you can see results after one application

DianaT1969 Wed 13-Jun-18 09:37:26

Bondi Sands at Superdrug is the least smelly. I get the light/medium in white bottle, not gradual tan in pink.

Summerfalls Wed 13-Jun-18 10:17:25

Another vote Bondi Sands. I use lotion one in dark. Lasts ages without going patchy and not orange one bit.

pumpkinpie01 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:20:56

Another vote for Bondi Sands, looks so natural

Kenworthington Wed 13-Jun-18 10:26:26

Omfg I have tried to post this 3 times and keep losing it!
Skinny tan express mousse is AMAZING. You can get it from Superdrug. It’s a bit spendy but you get a good few uses out of it. Tge brilkinat thing is you don’t have to put it on evenly. So long as every bit of skin is covered it’ll come out even. And I am appalling at applying fake tan. Even the daily gradual ones make me streaky but not this one. I’ve just put some on and it’ll darken over the next few hours

WellTidy Wed 13-Jun-18 10:30:57

Ken I have been meaning to try that skinny tan mousse for a while. How long does it last on you? Do you think it would last four days with lots of swimming? DH and I are off on a mini break and, as I don’t tan at all, I want some colour that lasts. Thanks.

Kenworthington Wed 13-Jun-18 10:33:44

@WellTidy definitely! I’m off on holiday tomorrow and I’ll still have the tan when I get back. It does say on the bottle it lasts 14 days. I don’t think it really lasts that long but a week definitely. You could top it up too? It seems to fade rather than go patchy

WellTidy Wed 13-Jun-18 10:44:22

Thank you. Fading is fine, I just don’t want patches. I will have a trial run before we go just to be sure.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:20:20

Vani-T tan Tanning custard. Vegan etc.

oakthorn Wed 13-Jun-18 13:27:57

Used to use skinny tan but a convert to Bondi Sands. Have eczema and this is the only one which doesn't go darker on dry bits

youloveitorhateit Wed 13-Jun-18 13:37:19

St Moriz or st tropez. Bondi sands stinks confused

itsBritneyBeach Wed 13-Jun-18 13:39:50

Bondi sands!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: