Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

If you are pale and use bronzer?

(18 Posts)
paceyswife Tue 12-Jun-18 13:41:11

Which do you use? I'm not alabaster but I'm pretty pale.

wrapsuperstar Tue 12-Jun-18 13:43:31

Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Bali Sands with a verrrry light hand. Only bronzer I’ve ever purchased that I’ve used up!

InMemoryOfSleep Tue 12-Jun-18 13:45:34

Benefit Hoola - it’s the only one I’ve found that isn’t shimmery, but it manages not to look ‘muddy’ and just gives a lovely glow.

MatildaLovesBooks Tue 12-Jun-18 13:47:19

Collection. I use it on my cheek bones as you would use blusher and blend it in. Try it, it’s cheap.

RiskIt4Biscuit Tue 12-Jun-18 14:26:41

I have a few different ones from Guerlain - I really like them. They are very strongly scented, but I like the smell.
They do quite a few different shades, including quite pale ones.

I've heard that Benefit Hoola Light is good too.

EnidButton Tue 12-Jun-18 14:55:05

Just got this one in fair/light m.lookfantastic.com/bareminerals-invisible-bronze-7g-various-shades/11408868.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&variation=11408869&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkIqV3aHO2wIVLJPtCh2Z_w_FEAQYASABEgLpcfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJz2_t6hztsCFSwg0wodg2kJSA Bareminerals invisible bronze. I'm very pale cool toned. It's really subtle. Would be very difficult to overdo it and I say that as someone who is alabaster and has never used bronzer before.
The packaging is nice with a good sized mirror in lid. It's very soft and goes on smoothly. Easy to blend out. Leans cools but it's pretty neutral. Hint of shimmer but no glitter. Looks lighter in real life than that pic so you might want to look up some swatches before deciding.

When I was looking I narrowed it down to the Bareminerals one, Benefit Hoola Lite and Guerlain Terracotta Light healthy glow. All three look suitable for pale white skin.

daftyburd Tue 12-Jun-18 15:07:30

Sleek bronzer in light. It has 4 squares of colour and I just whirl them altogether with a mini kabuki brush.

Lottapianos Tue 12-Jun-18 15:08:17

Rimmel Matte bronzer is pretty good. I'm currently using the Revolution Bronzer (from Superdrug) in the palest colour. Warms you up nicely without turning you orange

Samia2 Tue 12-Jun-18 15:17:50

Hoola Benefit works nice and on my skin tone and doesn't look orange, its nice smile

paceyswife Tue 12-Jun-18 15:27:23

Thanks for the replies! Bit of a clueless post but do you use as a contour, does it replace blush or enhance it?

MaudlinMews Tue 12-Jun-18 16:06:51

I use Benefit Hoola too. It's lovely, very sun-kissed with little shimmer and works well on my fair oily skin (some of them cake if you have oily skin). I have blonde hair, blue/grey eyes and pale skin so you could use it for blush/cheek contouring if you're dark or have little in the way of cheek definition.

I use as a contour but only at the sides of my nose, under my jaw, chest and forehead. I already have cheekbones you can slice cheese on so I just use a cream blush on my cheeks to give colour, contour and sheen

AnaViaSalamanca Tue 12-Jun-18 16:37:02

I posted about this recently, and someone recommended dior. I bought it and it's been brilliant!

Hoola looks muddy on me, but I am really very pale...

GreyHare Tue 12-Jun-18 18:58:55

I use Cliniques True Bronzed pressed bronzer in Sunkissed, lovely natural shade that doesn't look muddy or too dark on my pale skin.

AuntyJackiesBrothersSistersBoy Tue 12-Jun-18 19:02:13

Bobbi Brown Telluride. Because the exact shade I go, when I’ve been out in the sun (with spf50 and a hat!).

stoplickingthetelly Tue 12-Jun-18 20:43:38

I'm quite fair too and I'm currently using chanel universal bronzer (the cream/gel one). It's absolutely brilliant. I love it. It looks scarily orange in the tub, but it's not too dark once you put it on.

SyrilSneer Tue 12-Jun-18 20:57:27

I’m super pale and am using the Nars Laguna liquid this year. Blends in brilliantly and not orange or glittery.

Amortentia Tue 12-Jun-18 21:04:10

I’m so pale I find Benefit Hula or Nars Lagun too dark. If you’re really pale I find the Body Shop honey bronzer is great, No7 bronzer (palest shade) or most Charlotte Tilbury, especially the ones in the face pallets.

AuntyJackiesBrothersSistersBoy Wed 13-Jun-18 10:42:25

OP, be careful and try the shades first. I bought HoolaLite last year. It made me look jaundiced. I had to give it away and, the person I gave it to binned it. We both agreed it to be THE WORST EVER pale skin bronzer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: