Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can't decide.. buy or not

(22 Posts)
ShopoholicIn Tue 12-Jun-18 12:33:01

hello all..
Need Some advise on the below 2 things.. nice or not.. please advise

LesLavandes Tue 12-Jun-18 12:34:16

I like the skirt, but not the trousers

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 12-Jun-18 12:42:44

I think it depends on your height. If the skirt ends longer on you than the pic, sort of mid calf or lower then we're talking Frumpy. Especially if you're wearing it with Birkenstock sandals.

It looks quite nice with a fitted white top tucked in.

Really not sure about the flarey shorts/trousers/cullottes. What are they?

Bombardier25966 Tue 12-Jun-18 13:57:48

Both would be lovely if they were longer. Or if you're of amazing height that makes that midi length work. Otherwise no.

Sainsbury's do have some lovely bits.

ShopoholicIn Tue 12-Jun-18 14:07:08

thanks all...I am 5ft 9 inches.. skirt is just covering my knee..

I would call them cullotes

RhythmStix Tue 12-Jun-18 14:08:40

Frumpsville I'm afraid. Soz.

lenalove Tue 12-Jun-18 14:10:33

A bit frumpy imho, sorry!

MagicFajita Tue 12-Jun-18 14:10:36

I wouldn't buy them op.

I suspect that you'll find them difficult to style and they'll sit in your wardrobe most of the time.

Atalune Tue 12-Jun-18 14:12:06

You can do better.

I think the word for those culottes would be “jazzy”. grin

bella9 Tue 12-Jun-18 15:45:35

The trousers/culottes are see through, I bought them but took them back

goose1964 Tue 12-Jun-18 15:57:19

I like the skirt,I have a similar one but it needs careful styling if you don't want to look frumpy, in its favour, though, is that it is soooooo comfortable

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Tue 12-Jun-18 17:32:11

I've just posted a link to that skirt on another thread. I think it's lovely!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Tue 12-Jun-18 17:33:23

I think it would be lovely with a white camisole, denim jacket if cooler or little cotton cardigan and tan sandals.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Tue 12-Jun-18 17:33:44

And oh how I hate the word 'frumpy'.

Ellapaella Tue 12-Jun-18 18:44:07

I think both of those could look very nice if styled well with the right shoes, top and jewellery. Agree a denim jacket, maybe some wedges with the skirt and a long silver necklace would look good. I've never worn culottes in my life but those are the sort of thing that someone who has a good eye and knows how to style an outfit could pull off really well. Not sure that see-through is a great feature though!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 12-Jun-18 18:48:22

We all have different tastes but I would hate that skirt even more if it was teamed with a cardigan and tan sandals as suggested. It's all a bit Sunday school teacher.
I'm sure you'd hate the clothes I'm wearing though grin

ShopoholicIn Tue 12-Jun-18 20:09:25

Returned the cullotes n i did find the skirt frumpy... i will go for one size down n see
how it goes..thanks all

Hellywelly10 Tue 12-Jun-18 20:11:55

The shorts would look great on an olive skinned yoga godess however so would a black bin liner!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Tue 12-Jun-18 20:50:36

It depends on the cardigan and the sandals - and the person inside them!

Ellapaella Tue 12-Jun-18 21:21:05

Maybe OP is a bronzed yoga goddess? smile

ShopoholicIn Tue 12-Jun-18 21:43:32

Ellapaella
I neither have your figure nor your style.. grin
N i am size 14 n bigger on waist n bum... but i do like embroidered stuff (no offense but i think thats considered old lady like)... but will post the pic if i can get in one size down..

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Wed 13-Jun-18 20:07:08

I'll tell my gorgeous dd that her beautiful embroidered jumper is old lady-ish, shall I? Then again, I doubt she'd give a fuck, to be frank (and thank goodness for that).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: