Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best products for my hair?

(18 Posts)
LemonOnAPear Mon 11-Jun-18 16:53:41

I have very fine hair cut into a bob. Every day I wash, dry and straighten it. My hair has a natural wave to it, but not a nice wave if that makes sense confused. It just looks a bit frizzy and like it hasn’t been styled, but is wavy.

I want to leave it natural and not dry it or straighten it to help thicken it up.

Currently I use Toni and Guy volumising mist and V05 heat protect serum.

My friend had a really good spray that I sprayed on my hair when wet, I scrunched it up and it dried natural with a nice wave and not frizzy. I want to say it has a ‘beach hair’ type name to it. Does anyone know what it might be?! Or can recommend something that does similar.

Thanks

LemonOnAPear Tue 12-Jun-18 09:47:40

Anyone?

stoplickingthetelly Tue 12-Jun-18 10:29:07

Was it a sea salt spray? If it was, I like the Lee stafford one from boots.

gryffen Tue 12-Jun-18 11:04:55

Any of these in the link?

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/gallery/best-sea-salt-beach-wave-hair-sprays

MissCharleyP Tue 12-Jun-18 11:50:32

Bumble & Bumble surf spray?

LemonOnAPear Tue 12-Jun-18 11:56:43

What is a sea salt spray? It could possibly be the John Frieda one, it looked similar to that!

I’ll have a look at the Bumble and Bumble, thanks

littlebillie Tue 12-Jun-18 13:18:41

Try ditching sulphates and silicones your waves will improve there is loads on it

LemonOnAPear Tue 12-Jun-18 13:30:06

Ok thank you. Do you have any shampoo and conditioner recommendations that’s don’t have sulphur or silicones?

littlebillie Tue 12-Jun-18 13:33:51

Sainsbury's have just launched Happy naturals for £4 just go easy on the conditioner as it can be heavy on the hair. I also do a coconut oil soak around once a month and then shampoo out. It dramatically improves the condition

littlebillie Tue 12-Jun-18 13:34:55

Also watch out for alcohol in styling products as they can destroy your curl

littlebillie Tue 12-Jun-18 13:37:06

https://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/forums/topic/high-street-cg-products/

LemonOnAPear Tue 12-Jun-18 13:59:58

That’s brilliant thank you, I’ll check it out.

MissCharleyP Tue 12-Jun-18 14:19:13

OGX products are sulphate free and available in Asda, Boots and Superdrug at a reasonable price.

littlebillie Tue 12-Jun-18 15:00:28

They have sulphates and silicone in them

MissCharleyP Tue 12-Jun-18 16:13:22

Not according to this.

getgoodhead.com/shampoo-without-sulfate/

littlebillie Wed 13-Jun-18 03:38:32

Well I would believe everything you read, sulphates and silicone are great for some but not if you have curl. I've copied the ingredients. It definitely has sulphate and silicone in the shampoo

MissCharleyP Wed 13-Jun-18 10:41:11

Wow! Thanks for that, I haven’t used that one I use the purple one as I have highlights. I was wondering why my keratin treatments weren’t lasting. Back to pureology for me!

LemonOnAPear Sat 16-Jun-18 08:39:19

Interesting, thanks littlebillie.

I asked my friend why didn’t I think of that before and it’s definitely the John Frieda one so I’ve ordered a bottle and hope to have beach waves forever more grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: