Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where can I find nice size 16/18 cotton tops/dresses?

(10 Posts)
Elspeth12345 Mon 11-Jun-18 14:22:03

Hello,

I cannot stand synthetic materials, particularly polyester. I was just wondering if anyone knew where to find nice cotton tops and dresses in larger sizes?

Thank you!

newcupcake Mon 11-Jun-18 14:32:11

M&S have nice summery cotton bits in or Simply Be

ilovecherries Mon 11-Jun-18 18:44:15

Does it need to be cotton specifically? Loads of nice linen about at next/M&S/uniqlo. I also got a couple of nice cotton/elastane tops in oasis.

teta Mon 11-Jun-18 19:50:05

H&M . Lots of cotton tops and blouses. Also linen if you like it.

Elspeth12345 Tue 12-Jun-18 19:28:30

Thanks Newcupcake I will have a look at M&S. SimplyBe tend to do synthetic fabrics but I'll have another look for cotton.

Thanks ilovecherries, I do love Oasis so will have a look there too- I prefer cotton because I find synthetic tops prickly on my skin and I tend to sweat in them!

Thanks Teta, I'll take a look!

blueskypink Wed 13-Jun-18 07:51:28

White Stuff, Fat Face, Seasalt, Toast

SluttyButty Wed 13-Jun-18 08:32:38

I got some lovely linen tops in M&S and M&Co. At 50 my skin isn't wild about synthetics anymore 😂

goose1964 Wed 13-Jun-18 11:28:59

I bought some 100% cotton t shirts in Peacocks £4 each

BigFatBloomers Wed 13-Jun-18 14:11:26

Search for lagenlook on eBay and you’ll find lots of cotton and linen tops and dresses. They tend to be pretend voluminous so no good if it’s not a style you like

Jeffjefftyjeff Wed 13-Jun-18 14:19:03

I regularly search for similar! I’m a 16 so not sure if all of following do 18 as well, but this is where my clothes are from: Zara, sea salt, H&M, silkfred, people tree, white stuff, boden, howies, bam clothing. Also odd surprise thing from primark

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: