Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I want your socks (recommendations)

(22 Posts)
NormHonal Thu 07-Jun-18 20:15:05

A very non-seasonal thread!

Please hit me with your socks recommendations.

Soft, bamboo, colourful/fun and durable preferred. I like Seasalt socks but not a fan of their current designs.

Not M&S or Boden, they don’t last!

thedevilinablackdress Thu 07-Jun-18 21:32:46

Men's are usually better quality IME. H&M or M&S for me.

Or Happy Feet for funky colours, patterns.

Falke are great, excellent quality but £££

MipMipMip Sun 10-Jun-18 21:26:39

I love tutuanna although they don't tick your boxes. I was given some for Christmas and I only allow myself to open a new pair when I need a treat! Very soft and comfortable, wick well. I've seen mixed reviews but love the ones I have.

MipMipMip Sun 10-Jun-18 21:26:59

Oh and they wash well.

cheapskatemum Sun 10-Jun-18 21:36:07

Bam keep sending me free pairs with their catalogues and they’re really good! Made of Bamboo, as you’d expect, just the colours I like (shades of blue, ideal for wearing with jeans), stripey and comfortable and soft, even after lots of washes. They don’t shrink either. The only thing is, I’m starting to feel guilty about not having to actually buy any.

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Sun 10-Jun-18 21:44:30

I like FatFace ones and I LOVE Original Penguin ones which I find in TKMaxx.

TheClitterati Sun 10-Jun-18 21:46:41

I buy men's socks as I'm a 43.

My favs are stripy bamboo ones (can't recall brand), and also some "workwear" socks from Lidl which are amazing.

PersonAtHome Sun 10-Jun-18 21:53:19

I find that all socks these days wear out really quickly. I'm sure that when I was younger socks lasted for years not months!

AdidasGirl Sun 10-Jun-18 21:55:37

Try Corgi or Trickett.

FlorenceLyons Sun 10-Jun-18 21:58:28

I also really like Bam socks - though like cheapskatemum I've only had their free ones so far!

BorisHair Sun 10-Jun-18 22:01:51

I'm a fan of Oddballs socks at the moment. Wash well and comfy, and supporting a good cause.

MiddleMoffat Sun 10-Jun-18 22:04:05

Bam bamboo, or Sock Shop. I also found some lovely ones in TK Max the other week.

I need to get a bam catalogue it seems!

goose1964 Mon 11-Jun-18 18:13:48

Have a look in tkmaxx , I found a pair of cashmere socks for £3.99

CallarMorvern Mon 11-Jun-18 20:13:36

Men's Happy Feet from TKMaxx, fab designs. Penguin also sometimes have nice ones.
My favourites are CK roll top bamboo socks, but they don't fit your brief, as they are plain and very lightweight, but great under smart ankle boots.
I have lovely Gap mens stripy trainer socks and Converse make good invisible trainer socks in bright ( but plain) colours.

halfwitpicker Mon 11-Jun-18 21:09:08

No idea but great title grin

endthefarts Mon 11-Jun-18 21:12:46

I always buy men’s socks because my feet are towards the larger end of ladies sizes (7) so bigger socks last for longer as they don’t stretch over my feet as much. TK Maxx usually have a good selection.

user1486076969 Mon 11-Jun-18 21:13:38

I also buy mens socks, I'm a 41 or 42. They last much longer!

NormHonal Mon 11-Jun-18 22:15:27

Thank you! I've got some Happy Feet ones and Falke on order and I'm going to raid TK Maxx at the next earliest opportunity.

Bam sound good, so I'll have a look at those too.

Thank you @halfwitpicker for the compliment about the title. It turned out that "Let's Talk About Socks" (my original choice) had already been done a few years back. "Sock It To Me" only came to me yesterday.

frasier Mon 11-Jun-18 22:17:12

Uniqlo men’s! Beautiful colours

CallarMorvern Tue 12-Jun-18 09:42:03

sock it to me

🤣. I've only just got the thread title 🙈

KittyB52 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:38:11

Not bamboo, but Accessorise do fun cotton socks which are comfortable (no digging in) and wash well.

NormHonal Wed 13-Jun-18 22:22:07

Slightly disappointed with the Falke pair I wore today. They dug into my (fat)calves a bit too much. Hoping they're better after a wash. £13 a pair!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: