Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

White/ivory tights/stockings for a tall person with big hips/thighs

(5 Posts)
fridgepants Fri 25-May-18 14:29:03

I need some tights to go with a white dress - am v. pale so 'nude' tights always look like I'm wearing half a fake tan application. And tights seem to be made for either 'tall' or 'large' - not both - and 'one size only' is not mine.

Ideally I want white micronet tights or stockings, but would take regular if these are hard to come by! I'm a 34" inside leg and an 18, but struggle to get trousers/jeans to fit because I'm a very curvy shape, and I think this is why tights tend to be a literal pain in the arse.

borlottibeans Fri 25-May-18 14:32:05

I don't have any useful advice, just sympathy as another person who is both tall and wide. Why can't we have tights that fit???

MrsPear Fri 25-May-18 14:37:56

Have you tightstightstights.co.uk ?

They have a good range.

fridgepants Fri 25-May-18 14:39:54

I did have a look - wondered if there were any recommendations, though!

The Big Bloomers Company do white micronet, but their sizing is 20+ so I'm not sure how they will fit.

mimiasovitch Fri 25-May-18 18:06:01

The Big Tights company has champagne lace topped stockings. Only available in a 20 or 36, but I guess you'd have extra length then. Only black in fishnets though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: