Talk

Advanced search

Yellow handbag - help please!

(33 Posts)
Ilikecakes Thu 24-May-18 19:15:29

I'm treating myself to a new handbag and, as my clothing colour palette is the boring neutral black/white/grey/denim combo, I usually add a colour pop with bag, scarf or shoes.

I'd like a yellow bag, big enough to fit all the usuals, but also changing mat+gear for my 7mo. I usually go for a quite stiff, structured tote style bag but as I'm still on mat leave, and it's looking likely that I might move to a spell of being SAHM, I'd prefer something a little softer and slouchier if you know what I mean?

Quite liked this one, although it is still fairly stiff and I'd prefer one that's closable: https://www.fashionette.co.uk/coach-pebbled-leather-market-tote-flax?adword=EPSM%2FUKK_Google-Shopping%2FUKENN_bGoogleShopping%2FCoach%2FHandbags%2FTote%2F94092&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyv2C7vee2wIVrZPtCh0UZgMjEAQYASABEgIRYPDD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&utmcampaign=Coach&utmm_medium=UK-GoogleShopping&utm_source=PSM

Budget around £300 - anyone seen an alternative that might fit the bill?

Pinkpiglet Thu 24-May-18 20:19:01

I can’t help at all as I’m looking for the same thing!
I want a saddle bag and I’ve ordered one from Boden but it was a bit small. I also ordered the Faye bag from Hobbs (who were a nightmare to order from) but this bag was mustard colour rather than bright yellow.

I hope someone can help you.

CountFosco Thu 24-May-18 20:22:40

My boss has a Michael Kors tote bag in yellow. Looks fab. I can't find it on line though.

LaGattaNera Thu 24-May-18 20:26:34

tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Washed-PU-Shoulder-Bag/133123768?searchTerm=:relevance:type:Bags&searchProduct=

This is probably too cheap! Not available online it would seem but have seen it in various Sainsburys and 25% off at the moment.

TheClitterati Thu 24-May-18 20:27:43

Might be back in stock soon

https://www.elvisandkresse.com/products/large-post-bag

TheClitterati Thu 24-May-18 20:28:29

Messenger?

https://www.elvisandkresse.com/products/messenger

TheClitterati Thu 24-May-18 20:30:21

Not sure in size?

https://www.elvisandkresse.com/products/tooley-tote-mk-ii

They are all super strong stylish hard wearing bags.

TheClitterati Thu 24-May-18 20:32:04

https://www.elvisandkresse.com/products/tote-bag

Tote but not slouchy.

frasier Thu 24-May-18 20:35:50

RLs version of the Coach bag

www.fashionette.co.uk/lauren-ralph-lauren-merrimack-tote-vegan-leather-sunflower-taupe?adword=E_PSM/UK_Google-Shopping/UK_EN_b_GoogleShopping/LaurenRalphLauren/Handbags/ShoppingBags/101260&utm_source=PSM&utm_medium=UK-GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=LaurenRalphLauren&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIioqV8Iuf2wIVz7vtCh1SMARoEAQYASABEgKNXfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

ApolloandDaphne Thu 24-May-18 20:36:34

Slouchy Hobbs bag?

Maidupmum Thu 24-May-18 20:37:12

I came on to say Elvis and Kresse but someone best me to it! They look amazing!

frasier Thu 24-May-18 20:39:47

The RL version is synthetic, same as Vivienne Westwood bags and Neverfulls. I have both since DS was a baby and they still look fantastic. They are wipeable with baby wipes!

Ilikecakes Thu 24-May-18 20:56:01

Wow, thanks all!

pink - I'd actually prefer a mustardy yellow and love the colour of the Faye bag from Hobbs. It looks a little small, which is my only concern.

Clitterati really like the look of the Elvis and Kresse bags and hadn't heard of them before. Intrigued at and also slightly put off by the material's description. I know it's fluffy and ethical etc, but do you know what these bags feel like to the touch? I'd been hoping for a lovely soft leather, hence looking for a slouchier bag than my usual tote, and the decommissioned fire hose/reclaimed painting blanket descriptions are throwing me off a bit!

Thanks again all, any suggestions welcome thanks

Ilikecakes Thu 24-May-18 20:58:35

It is really beautiful though isn't it?!?

TheClitterati Thu 24-May-18 21:01:51

That is the one I have and I love it.

It is not soft and slouchy. Though it is nice/pleasant to touch it is more like a firmer leather. The lining is soft/silky.

TheFaerieQueene Thu 24-May-18 21:04:16

I have this bag. It has been admired very much. I love it.

TheClitterati Thu 24-May-18 21:04:24

And I've been making mine WORK and after nearly a year it still looks like new. I was worried it didn't have anything to cushion/protect the bottom, but it seems to be incredibly hard wearing.

I really want a cross body bag from there now.

TheClitterati Thu 24-May-18 21:06:48

It is not a fluffy bag and no one has ever correctly guessed what it is made out of.

Ilikecakes Thu 24-May-18 21:40:45

Ha, sorry I'd meant ethically fluffy rather than the way the bag feels! Do really love the look of it, wonder if I could nip up to one of the London stockists.

Fairie your bag is beautiful, although now I've seen the darker mustard colour, I think that's what I'd prefer.

doctorboo Thu 24-May-18 23:03:13

I really like the carryalls by Pop & Suki, but they don't currently have one/any in yellow which is a shame.

My youngest is about to turn three so 99% of the time I don't need a larger bag, I have their 'camera' bag which is perfect for popping my phone, purse and keys in-no room for even an emergency nappy and wipes unfortunately.
If June wasn't such an expensive month for me I'd have order the cognac carryall.

bialystockandbloom Thu 24-May-18 23:20:42

This coccinelle one? Bit over budget though.

TheClitterati Fri 25-May-18 08:05:24

grin

MinesaPinot Fri 25-May-18 09:16:41

How long have bags been made of 'vegan leather'? Why not just say it's synthetic? probably misses a point somewhere

TheClitterati Fri 25-May-18 13:15:56

I think the point you are missing is synthetic = cheap and cheerful, whereas "vegan leather" = premium price due to increased worthiness grin

Or perhaps vegan leather is made from vegan animals ? <fraught>

I only snigger internally to myself when I say my bag is made out of firemans hose, never out loud/ or publicly.

ChishandFips33 Fri 25-May-18 18:25:26

I love the Elvis and Kresse tote. I have some samples of the hose and they aren't obviously soft and slouchy to the touch like leather can be. The yellow is rare so you may have to wait a little while

Company are super helpful though - nothing is too much trouble I found

Was going to suggest Coach as their sale is now on

I have a Fossil but it's more lemon than mustard

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: