Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please critique my daily make up (pics)

(13 Posts)
BurberryIsSo2000 Thu 24-May-18 11:01:50

I'm hoping to look natural yet still a nice cover up.

The selfies are quite a good reflection to what it looks like in person, perhaps a little more dewy in person.

What do you think?

Should I add or take away anything?

I'm using...

Foundation
Concealer
Blush
Lick of mascara
Vaseline (brown tin) for lips

I think DH thinks I look a bit too caked but it seems nice to me, I'm photographed a lot so I need something to withstand the glares of a camera.

MiniatureMediterraneanDonkey Thu 24-May-18 11:08:03

Looks ok to me, you are very pretty, my one comment would be to get the unruly brows tidied up and trimmed.

ShotsFired Thu 24-May-18 11:08:32

TBH I don't think you need foundation at all, unless you are using it so well we can't see something really awful underneath? Concealer maybe if you have very dark circles or whatnot?

In pics you can't see but in person/close up you may well look a bit cakey with both those on, sorry.

A bit of mascara and vaseline is nothing to worry about.

BurberryIsSo2000 Thu 24-May-18 11:10:31

Ahh, the brows.

Sadly, I'm having to let them grow out as there was a huge mistake made by Benefit eyebrow people and now I can't do anything until the grow (won't be long, they grow at a ridiculously fast rate and cost me the Earth as a result envy)

blaaake Thu 24-May-18 11:12:12

You're very pretty. Your makeup is nice too, and minimal, do you have any under eye concealer on?

dancemom Thu 24-May-18 11:13:25

Haven't you posted this before?

BurberryIsSo2000 Thu 24-May-18 11:14:02

blaaake Thank you thanks I don't wear concealer under my eyes but do elsewhere, I just think it makes the foundation look nicer

BurberryIsSo2000 Thu 24-May-18 11:14:24

dance posted about my dodgy brows before! grin

Enb76 Thu 24-May-18 11:15:19

Not sure you need any make-up to be honest. Mascara and vaseline is probably enough.

However, if you like wearing makeup then I would go less pink on the blusher. I can't see any foundation or concealer so it looks like you've got that down!

ALittleAubergine Thu 24-May-18 11:17:52

I think you look really good. Can I ask what foundation you use, I love that dewy look.

BurberryIsSo2000 Thu 24-May-18 11:37:24

ALittle Double Wear by Esteè Lauder! The key is how you set the foundation, I think

Bettyfood Thu 24-May-18 12:09:35

You look very pretty and natural.

I would just say, if anything, to use pressed powder instead of the foundation as it looks a bit greasy on the nose and forehead. You could add a bit of dewiness then if required (but probably not) with some highlighter on the cheeks. If you fill in your brows a bit it will give a more groomed look, should you want that.

Winchester13 Fri 25-May-18 08:26:55

Looks really pretty. Do you have any eyeliner or eyeshadow on?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: