Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best (easiest) fake tan for legs

(12 Posts)
Aria2015 Tue 22-May-18 19:35:25

Sooooo me legs are a problem. I'm pale but can tan (but don't like sitting in the sun). I need a fake tan that's super easy to apply and won't make my legs look weirdly brown compared the rest of my body. I have fake tanned in the past and had problem with pathing looking areas on ankles and knees, any recommendations? I just want something to take the edge off the paleness!

Justmuddlingalong Tue 22-May-18 19:38:24

I like Sally Hansen airbrush legs.

AndInOtherNews Tue 22-May-18 19:41:35

Ive used the Dove summer revived lotion this week, I'm quite impressed.

TacoFlavouredKisses Tue 22-May-18 19:47:07

St Tropez gradual tan mousse or the Palmers cocoa butter gradual tan!

Aria2015 Tue 22-May-18 19:47:36

I've got the Sally Hansen and it's great but looking for something that will last a few days so I don't have the reapply over the weekend. Thanks for the reply.

Katisha Tue 22-May-18 19:48:09

Am I doing Sally Hanson wrong? It just comes out as a liquid which I find hard to apply

Aria2015 Tue 22-May-18 19:48:23

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out. Pasty legs aren't going to cut it now the sun is out!

Justmuddlingalong Tue 22-May-18 19:49:30

I spray Sally's onto a fake tan mit and apply it like that.

Italia2005 Tue 22-May-18 19:59:53

Just started using skinny tan after a friend put some of hers on my thighs for me to try it out (in case it didn’t suit my skin which is really sensitive). I bought the tanning oil as it goes on really quickly and smoothly and applied it cautiously for the first time - it deepens over a few hours. The instructions suggest you dry wipe after applying over knees and ankles to avoid dark patches on drier skin areas, etc. It hasn’t come off on my white cotton sheets and looks a great colour (I’ve gone for the medium). It’s sold exclusively in Superdrug and online from skinny tan uk direct. The two Australian women founders appeared on dragons den about 4 years ago but I didn’t like their associated claims that the product could improve cellulite etc so I gave it a miss. However now having tried it, I really like it using it as a straightforward fake tan product.

Aria2015 Tue 22-May-18 21:06:22

I spray the salt Hansen into my hands and apply it. It needs a good shake before hand. It's great for the day but does come off on sheets and of course you have to reapply.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'm on it to!night!

NotAPenguin Tue 22-May-18 23:31:59

I think the key thing is using a tanning mitt - I've found it makes a huge difference to how evenly I apply fake tan. I like vita liberty body blur which is wash off but really doesn't rub off, doesn't even come off in the shower without a good rub. Find San Tropez mouse very reliable and Coco Brown mouse from superdrug is almost as good and a lot cheaper.

JustSeeingHowManyCharactersWeC Wed 23-May-18 07:50:51

Another vote for skinny tan, it smells great and is easy to apply, I have the mouse and the spray. Their exfoliator is lovely too.

I rarely self tan but I find skinny tan quite easy to do.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: