Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Boots Cleansing balm replacement

(12 Posts)
ThatsNotEvenAWord Tue 22-May-18 18:10:01

Hi,

I sadly discovered that boots have discontinued my beloved cleansing balm for very dry skin. It’s the only product I’ve been able to find that takes off my make up properly without setting off my sensitive, eczema prone skin.

Anyway I tweeted them and they suggested this new product as shown in the photo I’ve attached. Wondered if anyone has tried it? The reviews on the boots website are all positive but not sure if trustworthy?

Thanks smile

Lonesurvivor Tue 22-May-18 19:14:29

I've majorly gone off No7 in the last couple of years, but was given this one and started using it after my Eve Lom cleanser was finished. I really really like it, it does a lovely job and leaves skin feeling fab. Now Eve Lom will still surpass it, they are very different cleansing calms but not in a bad way. I will repurchase when it's gone. I'd prefer it to No7 hot cloth cleanser which I loved.

udnertheradar Tue 22-May-18 20:17:25

This one is very good and smells lovely http://www.marksandspencer.com/rose-cleansing-balm-85g/p/p22445257

trigger2 Tue 22-May-18 20:32:04

I love the Ren Rosa cleansing balm

suchatiredbunny Tue 22-May-18 23:03:41

What about the Clinique Take the Day off balm? Fragrance free.....try eBay for a small travel size pot.

ThatsNotEvenAWord Wed 23-May-18 06:43:31

Thanks all

LoniceraJaponica Wed 23-May-18 06:46:26

The Body shop are great at giving out samples. You could try their Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. It's cruelty free as well.

hindall Wed 23-May-18 06:48:04

I'm also a fan of the M&S rose cleansing balm, I find it just as good as the more expensive brands.

MinesaPinot Wed 23-May-18 09:22:30

I'm a great fan of cleansing balms and am using Clinique Take the Day off which is lovely and makes my skin feel really soft. I'm on my third pot, with one in reserve. Being a bit of a beauty junkie that is amazing for me as I am always tempted by the 'Next Big Thing'.

However, I am tempted by the No. 7 one as it's cheaper than the Clinique, and I tried a little bit when I was in Boots the other day. I might wait until they're doing their £5 off voucher and try it then.

GrannyGrissle Wed 23-May-18 20:48:29

The one in the photo is excellent for removing stubborn makeup, grime etc and very good though sadly not quite Emma Hardie Morninga Balm

han01uk Wed 23-May-18 21:00:48

Elemis do a lovely cleansing balm...

ThatsNotEvenAWord Wed 23-May-18 21:57:59

Thanks for all the recommendations, just don’t want to make my eczema worse. Clinique sounds like it could be a winner but pricey! I have a no7 voucher so I guess I could try the new cleansing balm and return if I have a flare up

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: