Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Shoes... HELP

(8 Posts)
rosettesforjill Sun 20-May-18 19:18:06

Have this dress for a wedding in a couple of weeks and at a complete dead end as to what shoes I should wear with it - style and colour! Second pic is a close up of the embroidery as the colour doesn't look quite right on the full length photo.

If anyone has any bright ideas then let me know... the wedding is quite small scale so I probably won't be wearing any headwear and will be keeping other accessories quite simple.

HELP

rosettesforjill Sun 20-May-18 19:19:38

Second pic didn't work...

HettyB Sun 20-May-18 20:02:27

It’s a lovely dress but it’s got a nice focal point as it is (the embroidery) so I’d steer clear of anything that’ll draw the eye too much in terms of style (so nothing strappy). I’d stick to a closed toe (either pointed or round would work), with a slingback as it’s summer and I think a closed heel would look too heavy with the lightness of the dress.

In terms of colour, I’d avoid nude as you won’t be able to get an exact match. Cream would be too bridal and pink would clash somewhat. I think I’d be tempted to go for a metallic (but muted) shade of either silver or gold.

HettyB Sun 20-May-18 20:03:02

Maybe like this but not with the Manolos price tag! Nothing too shiny...

HettyB Sun 20-May-18 20:03:36

And kudos on the username - I loved those books as a child!

rosettesforjill Sun 20-May-18 20:32:21

And kudos on the username - I loved those books as a child! grin

Thank you - Manolos would be lovely but very much out of budget unfortunately! I will have a look around for similar...

Ferrero83 Sun 20-May-18 20:41:07

Gorgeous dress, looks lovely on you! Where’s it from?

I think I’d go for gold shoes for a wedding maybe ‘barely there’ style to show off the embroidery or tan might look nice with a gold bag.

rosettesforjill Sun 20-May-18 20:47:30

Thanks @Ferrero83! It's Topshop, but I bought it in the end of season sale about October last year!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: