Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What foundation do you swear by?

(22 Posts)
SayImADreamer Sun 20-May-18 15:16:34

Im pale with blotchiness issues.

Im looking for a foundation that gives good coverage while looking natural and dewy and one that doesnt cling to dry spots.

Any suggestions?

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 20-May-18 16:21:51

You need try a few see what suits,but I swear by
Giorgio Armani luminious silk wear this near daily
Others that perform well are
Estée Lauder foible wear light
Bourjois
The ordinary serum foundation
A good tip to make any foundation dewy is add few drop serum and mix together

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 20-May-18 16:23:03

Duh foible wear light,now That’d be v interesting..autocorrect I mean double wear light

NC4Now Sun 20-May-18 16:23:22

I’ve tried loads, but my favourite is Rimmel Wake Me Up. It’s a cheapie, but it does the job and is lovely and dewy.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 20-May-18 16:24:29

Not everyone agrees but I love NARS Sheer Glow.
CTs Flawless Filter is good for adding dewiness when mixed in with regular foundation
Suqqu cream foundation is the biz. But it's over £60. Fantastic stuff though.
Armani Maestro is fantastic but a lot of people don't like the overly siliconey feel of it.

Percymademedoit Sun 20-May-18 16:31:32

I love double wear light too. I use a radiance primer underneath and it makes me super dewy.

CatherineMaitland Sun 20-May-18 16:37:12

I've been enjoying Laura Mercier Candleglow in Créme, it's not heavy coverage but it evens out skin tone and looks natural on me.

SayImADreamer Sun 20-May-18 18:59:23

@LipstickHandbagCoffee
@Percymademedoit

Weird my mum was talking about the double wear and saying she wanted to try it!
Sorry to be annoying but qhat is it about it you like so much?

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 20-May-18 19:07:28

EL are great for giving samples, they usually give a week worth at counter after consultation double wear samples
Double wear Light as name suggest is a lighter coverage and consistency that double wear
There’s a double wear nude, never tried it but presumably it’s sheer and light

Double wear has huge range of colours and is really good, works well with a dot of serum in it too

giddyasakipper Sun 20-May-18 19:07:39

Deciem - The Ordinary Serum Foundation. It is super cheap and has changed my life! I am also pale and a bit blotchy and used to think that using Double Wear or similar would help but it just cakes my face. I've found this is hydrating and glowy and natural whereas the thicker formulas just make me look old and flat!

Jemimapuddleduk Sun 20-May-18 19:08:39

Double wear light and double wear nude for nights out.

Spellcheck Sun 20-May-18 19:09:02

Chanel Vitalumière - amazing coverage, dewy and natural 👌

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 20-May-18 19:13:54

Double wear light is easy to blend, not fragranced, gives a medium sheer coverage. Enough to even out tone but not mask, it’s not too heavy or claggy. Sets and literally lasts a day, no need to reapply.

Double wear more of a coverage more visibly made up if you get what I mean. Don’t need to reapply. Lasts all day

When removing you’ll see the foundation come off Still there at end of day

AfterSchoolWorry Sun 20-May-18 19:19:23

Watching with interest. I have super dry skin, I loved Laura Mercier but unfortunately it made my eyes stream non stop.

Interested to hear any recommendations!

seefeld Sun 20-May-18 19:21:08

I love the Becca Aqua luminous foundation, really light and hydrating and gives a good glow.

suze28 Sun 20-May-18 19:42:10

I am loving Bobbi Brown skin foundation which is water based and can be layered to go from light to medium coverage. It's natural and glowy looking.

LipstickHandbagCoffee Sun 20-May-18 20:44:30

Estée Lauder own Bobbi Brown, same company different brands
Estée Lauder has a huge beauty portfolio
Bobbi Brown
Mac
Tom Ford beauty
Becca
Too faced

Whatdoiladymcbeth Sun 20-May-18 22:17:04

Double wear! Light and original.

Unfortunately, I’m not vegan so won’t use it anymore but is a wonderfully effective product.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Sun 20-May-18 22:43:45

Shiseido Syncro Glow, liquid, medium coverage, dewy, lots of colours.

adaisychain Mon 21-May-18 06:03:15

The ordinary coverage foundation. By fluke I managed to find my perfect shade first time and don't wear anything else now.

absinthfaerie Mon 21-May-18 11:36:59

Chantecaille Just Skin (yes, its outrageously expensive - £64, and i only buy it when SpaceNK has £15 promotion on (still pricey though!)
Lasts me a long time, makes my skin looking photoshopped and i swear it makes it better (plumper and more even toned!). It's a tinted moisturizer, but to me it does the job of the foundation, and I cannot go back to using anything heavier, yuck! on my 3rd tub now blush Used to swear by Armani Lasting Silk or Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua Foundations. Would recommend trying out all three smile

AuntyJackiesBrothersSistersBoy Mon 21-May-18 17:40:07

A light application of Dermablend with spf 35.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: