Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Cruelty free Daily moisturiser with a SPF?

(19 Posts)
plire Thu 26-Apr-18 21:22:52

Any recommendations please? I have dry skin so moisturise daily. I don't want to use sunscreen each day on my face in the UK

I have seen tropic do one but it's tinted.

I really like Avon's daily one with a SPF but it's not Cruelty-Free sad

Any suggestions please?

DozyDoates Thu 26-Apr-18 21:47:04

It's not a moisturiser but I use Liz Earle skin tint which gives sheer coverage with an spf of 15. I wear to daily and quite like it.

plire Thu 26-Apr-18 21:50:23

Thankyou. Not keen on tint though, and it looks like Liz Earle stuff is tested on animals?

TacoFlavouredKisses Thu 26-Apr-18 21:51:03

This gets pretty good reviews and is dirt cheap - I really like the Vitamin E range:

www.superdrug.com/Save-up-to-1-2-price-across-Skincare/Superdrug-Vitamin-E-SPF15-Moisturising-Cream-100ml/p/282713

plire Thu 26-Apr-18 22:58:17

Oh that could be the answer.

I use their hair stuff which works well.

I could only see cruelty free mentioned in the reviews, not on the product info (although I might have missed it)

Will check in store tomorrow. Thankyou.

Bubbles121 Thu 26-Apr-18 23:09:29

Following! It's so hard to find cruelty free makeup and toiletries - but I have found more often than not own brands which aren't stocked in china or exported do the trick (and the usual body shop and lush of course) Avon was my biggest disappointment and I struggle with finding the right foundation too.
I also found a great website that can help too http://crueltyfreeproducts.co.uk that does a lot of info on this

TacoFlavouredKisses Fri 27-Apr-18 05:22:05

At the bottom of the ingredients list OP smile All of Superdrug's own brand stuff is cruelty free.

DuchyDuke Fri 27-Apr-18 05:29:20

La roche posay
Kiehls
Murad - prob the best as not sold in china
Avene
Simple
Clearsil

Bubbles121 Fri 27-Apr-18 06:57:41

Simple is part of Unilever and sold in China I believe so not cruelty free. None of the international makeup houses are anymore which is so frustrating!!

45DegreestoReality Fri 27-Apr-18 07:14:54

La Roche Posay and Avenue are also not cruelty free as they test in animals to sell in China.

I second Superdrug own brand- all their own brand items are cruelty free.

LoniceraJaponica Fri 27-Apr-18 07:40:44

"I could only see cruelty free mentioned in the reviews, not on the product info"

IMO shops/brands don't do enough to promote their cruelty free credentials.

Since l'Oreal sold them The Bodyshop have gone back to their cruelty free roots, and even have a vegan range in stores. Superdug's own brand, and M & S own brand are cruelty free, as are the skincare ranges in Holland and Barrett and Lush.

TheNavigator Fri 27-Apr-18 07:49:51

M&S are good - they use the leaping bunny, so you can check all their toiletries for the leaping bunny. I will only buy cruelty free, I wish others would follow suit and we could end the needless cruelty to animals.

plire Fri 27-Apr-18 09:34:10

Just seen all these replies - will check back later. Thanks all!

plire Fri 27-Apr-18 13:33:04

Had no idea all Superdrug own brand was cruelty free. That's brilliant news.

I have an app to check but it's not listed there 🤔

It's the SPF part that I was getting stuck on.

It seems it's easy enough to get sun cream

Or cruelty free moisturiser but not one that's got a spf and isn't too heavy for daily use.

Of course now I would prefer it not to be in a plastic container grin

LoniceraJaponica Fri 27-Apr-18 14:35:32

"I have an app to check but it's not listed there"

That's what I meant by companies not being vocal enough about their cruelty free brands. Webites that list cruelty free brands seem to miss them out. Is it because they are sold by stores that also sell non cruelty free brands?

plire Fri 27-Apr-18 16:08:28

Yes I guess it could be misunderstood - big shame they're missing out though. I think they should consider rebranding to capture that area of the market (me)

LoniceraJaponica Fri 27-Apr-18 16:24:10

And me.

DozyDoates Tue 01-May-18 19:29:48

(Sorry, bit late returning to the party!) All of my Liz Earle products have the leaping bunny on them and say "cruelty free", they are also suitable for vegetarians (not vegans) and state "no animal extracts". I wonder if it's the spf ingredients?

plire Tue 01-May-18 21:23:20

Oh that's interesting about liz Earle being cruelty free!

I got the Superdrug stuff (and eye cream, night cream and exfoliant scrub)

I really like it. Good price too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: