Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Do you think I can haggle in the mulberry shop?

(9 Posts)
Whwhywhy Mon 23-Apr-18 18:56:58

I’m going to buy a lovely new bag but can get 9% cash back if I buy it from house of fraser. I’d rather buy it in the mulberry shop. Do you think I can ask them to price match. I am conflicted as can’t bear to think of wasting £80 but also think it arriving mail order takes the fun out of a once in a decade purchase. Maybe haggling takes the fun out of it too

ToooTicky Mon 23-Apr-18 19:04:59

Having bought directly from Mulberry stores, I’d be very surprised if they would do it tbh.

Would you have to buy it online from HoF to get the cash back, couldn’t you go into a store to buy? The other (very good) reason for seeing the bags first is that they can differ so much in colour, finish of the leather etc. I spent ages choosing the right one - twice! Which are you thinking of getting?

brianodriscoll Mon 23-Apr-18 20:12:10

Not sure if it's anywhere near you but try the outlet in Shepton Mallet. I got a dark grey bayswater for half the price and they had lots of others. If I was going to get another (wish I could!) it would be where I'd go

mysteryfairy Tue 24-Apr-18 08:16:20

There is 10% off at Harrods for rewards members this weekend - can’t see Mulberry in the list of exclusions. So if you are in London that could be an option.

I have ordered a purse into the mulberry concession at house of Fraser and picked up in store so they did bag it nicely etc if that sort of thing appeals. Obviously was surrounded by a jumble of other stuff at the time though.

rubybleu Tue 24-Apr-18 09:05:33

Do you know anyone going through Heathrow? They will be cheaper again if you can pick one up in Terminal 2/3/5. The Heathrow duty free concierge service will put one aside if you contact them a few days in advance.

queenofarles Tue 24-Apr-18 10:48:43

Which style is it? If it's not a lily or Bayswater you can probably find them in sales, Harrods usually do 30% off in May I think. Apply for their rewards program, it's quite good, the points are rubbish but the discounts are pretty amazing.

DreamingofSunshine Tue 24-Apr-18 15:31:31

If it helps I'm sure it'll look beautiful all packaged up and it gives you something to look forward to arriving?

I live rurally and like my cashback so I'd browse in-store then buy online to get the £80.

Whwhywhy Tue 24-Apr-18 19:24:44

It’s an oxblood amberly (the £800 one). I hadn’t thought about sales. Maybe it’s worth hanging out. Not in London but good Harrods tip if you are. It’s this continual money off type of offer which convinces me no one is really expected to pay full price anymore.

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Tue 24-Apr-18 22:16:32

HoF in Bristol stocks Mulberry. Are you anywhere near there?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: