Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where do you get your DH's jeans from if he's short leg?

(15 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Sun 22-Apr-18 20:13:45

We've usually got the last few pairs from Next in the short leg, however they're still a tad bit long on him, but that's the shortest they do in the mens. DH doesn't really buy many new pairs often, he'll find a pair he likes & wear them to death! He could really do with a new pair & I'm thinking of looking elsewhere. Years ago I'm sure he got a well fitting pair from River Island, I can't remember what the leg length was though or what they were 'called' no doubt they'll not do them anymore. Any recommendations? He prefers button flys but won't spend over £40!

Tentomidnight Sun 22-Apr-18 20:17:13

Next is the only shop DH can find short jeans. I’ll be interested to see others’ replies.

SporkInTheToaster Sun 22-Apr-18 20:18:27

How short is short? Most men’s jeans brands do a ‘short’ leg, either 29 or 30 inches.

Crumbelina Sun 22-Apr-18 20:19:23

Uniqlo do free alternations on their jeans. And they're fabulous as well.

SporkInTheToaster Sun 22-Apr-18 20:20:20

Levi’s
Tommy Hilfiger
Paul Smith
Lee

Look at department stores like House Of Fraser.

SpectacularAardvark Sun 22-Apr-18 20:20:32

Used to be Next but Asda is more in our budget these days. Short legs are a pain to buy for, I'm now having similar issues with DS.

Stephisaur Sun 22-Apr-18 20:20:35

I’m pretty sure my Dad always got his from M&S or maybe Gap?

NotTakenUsername Sun 22-Apr-18 20:22:00

I turn them up for him because I don’t let anyone use my sewing machine but me. However I don’t buy clothes for him, and he doesn’t buy any for me. We choose our own.

NotTakenUsername Sun 22-Apr-18 20:22:42

You can get a good thread that is specifically for jeans so it looks fine when they are altered.

frasier Sun 22-Apr-18 20:23:19

Diesel. What length do you need?

WeShouldOpenABar Sun 22-Apr-18 20:23:49

Last lot were levis in Debenhams concession, I dread the day every year he decides new jeans are needed confused he used to have them taken up cos he's too lazy to search for ones that fit, I'll do it because the seamstress used to give all his jeans a nice formal schoolboy look which was of course very attractive grin

WeShouldOpenABar Sun 22-Apr-18 20:24:55

Sorry house of Fraser concession actually

frasier Sun 22-Apr-18 20:37:18

Would he object to a child’s pair if he needs a really short leg? Diesel are identical in the larger teen sizes.

uk.diesel.com/en/denim/sleenker-j-n/8059132502342.html?t=m&utm_campaign=conversion-ADW%2FUK%2FEN%2FDIESEL%2FSHP%2FBRN%2FGENERAL%2FU%2FNONE%2FPLA--GENERAL%2FU%2FGENERAL%2FGENERAL_cross_brand&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=--&utm_source=google

Oops didn’t notice your price limit. I’ve had the adult jeans ( more expensive) a good price in the sales though.

Thebluedog Sun 22-Apr-18 22:19:30

TK Max

allthegoodnameshadgone Sun 22-Apr-18 22:28:12

Gap

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: