Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Trainers - fashion rather than running for WIDE FEET!

(51 Posts)
SuttonHooHoo Fri 20-Apr-18 21:57:40

I love the look of converse but they are (waaaaay) too narrow and also I need some proper support for my feet (bad knee).

Skechers are comfortable but I don’t find them supportive enough, the memory foam lets my feet turn inwards as it is too soft, plus they aren’t great looking shoes!

Any wide fit trainers that aren’t hideous out there? Thanks.

goose1964 Fri 20-Apr-18 22:09:27

I have wide feet and high instep but I have a pair of timberlands which are similar to leather converse and they fit me fine

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 20-Apr-18 22:17:19

Superga!

Toomanycats99 Fri 20-Apr-18 22:23:48

I have wide feet and find Adidas superstars very comfortable.

ChesterBelloc Sat 21-Apr-18 08:49:43

Bump!

cece Sat 21-Apr-18 08:51:40

I also wear addidas superstars but the men's ones. I find men's trainers to be wider than the women's ones in the same size. Luckily I'm a size 8 so can do that.

SuttonHooHoo Sat 21-Apr-18 08:57:23

My feet are too small for men’s trainers sadly.

Superga are too narrow (wiiiide feet)

I’ll have a look at Adidas superstars and timberlands, thanks.

Any more suggestions, please keep them coming!

BluthsFrozenBananas Sat 21-Apr-18 09:02:36

If you’re not bothered about a brand name check out M and S and Next, they both do wide fit. I got some nice wide fit suede trainers from M and S last year which are still going strong.

hugoagogo Sat 21-Apr-18 09:06:48

keen

Toomanycats99 Sat 21-Apr-18 09:07:14

Maybe rocket dog. I had some before that were wide.

Schuh are great for trainers. Postage is free and quick and they have. 365 day return policy! (Well they do in store assume it's the same online)

Standstilling Sat 21-Apr-18 09:16:09

I second rocket dog. Also ASICS, Columbia, some Nikes and I was pleasantly surprised that my latest online purchase of some Adidas Stan Smiths are a great width with a lovely round toe that suits the shape of my square trotters.

Standstilling Sat 21-Apr-18 09:16:53

And also second Schuh plus Zalando for free delivery and returns

Nyancat Sat 21-Apr-18 09:20:03

If your feet are up to a 5.5 uk size stan smiths kids are a bit wider i think than the womens range. They are lovely and comfy and cheaper!

DaisyRenton18 Sat 21-Apr-18 09:48:47

When I bought my Adidas Gazelles, a lot of the reviews I read commented on how good they were for wide feet. I don't have wide feet, but I do find them roomy and very comfy.

Mehmehmeh19 Sat 21-Apr-18 10:10:29

Stan smiths the shell toe ones. I also have very wide feet almost brick shaped mine. And I love Stan Smiths

Jenda Sat 21-Apr-18 10:12:08

I have wide feet and the old school Vans fit me nicely

ChesterBelloc Sat 21-Apr-18 15:51:25

hugo those Keen Elsa sneakers look great! They sound like they have a fairly padded sole and possibly even a bit of arch support..? Might order some from amazon with free postage/returns...

hugoagogo Sat 21-Apr-18 18:42:56

chester I find with keens you might need to go a size up.

crayoladreamz Sat 21-Apr-18 18:59:49

I’m the same as you @suttonhoohoo I have really wide feet. Not just a little bit wide but properly wide. I’ve got these in lots of colours. I was so happy when I found them. They’re really wide and comfy.

It’s some sort of miracle that they fit as I NEVER find shoes wide enough.

www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-canvas-low-ladies-trainers-248030

SueVide Sat 21-Apr-18 19:03:42

I have properly wide feet too and live in Nike Internationalists. I go up a size and they make my giant feet look almost normal.

I do despair of finding proper wide fit brogues though I've returned hundreds of wide fit one's which I can't get a toe in!

stoplickingthetelly Sat 21-Apr-18 19:31:56

I bought the Stan Smith trainers in a 5.5 from the kids range. This is half a size up from my usual and they are fantastic. Mist comfortable trainers I've got. Converse and vans both terrible for me. Way too narrow.

PickAChew Sat 21-Apr-18 19:34:20

I have wiiiide feet with a high instep and narrow heel and all that really fits me is the odd pair of Nike. I have some pretty white lacy Nike air.

xsquared Sat 21-Apr-18 19:47:24

Superga here too, but beware of the sizing. I usually wear 4.5 but even a 4 was too big for me. So much so that they fell came off with each step!

Lymmmummy Sat 21-Apr-18 19:50:42

I like Nike Thea bit on the pricey side though - ASICS or New Balance also good

Phineyj Sat 21-Apr-18 19:51:03

www.heavenlyfeet.co.uk/womens/shoes/comfort-shoe I just bought 'Jasmine Ocean' from here and they are comfy (memory foam insole) and also look great. You might try Hotter as well (online or branches in some cities and towns).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: