Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Next Harems pants - previous seasons. Would like similar.

(17 Posts)
Pinkkahori Fri 20-Apr-18 16:15:19

Next don't seem to be doing the harems this year. I have 2 pairs I bought about 2 years ago and they are starting to look worn so I'd like to replace.
I've looked at Hush and Baukjen but they are too expensive.
Does anyone know where i could get jersey harems (the ones I have are 96% viscose 4% elastane) for a reasonable price and that deliver to Ireland?
I'd prefer ones without a cuff at the ankle and don't like the dropped crotch style.

Thanks

Mumsnut Fri 20-Apr-18 16:27:31

If only! I tried something similar from ASOS but they weren't a patch on the Next ones.

Maybe we should lobby them?

Pinkkahori Fri 20-Apr-18 16:29:05

I just saw the Asos ones. Disappointed to hear that they aren't as good. The Next ones were great. They seemed very popular too. I heard about them on here and everyone seemed to be buying them.

JintyandtheJs Fri 20-Apr-18 16:39:47

I wonder if next "jersey joggers" will do Same fabric no cuffs.Sorry can't do links.

Madbengalmum Fri 20-Apr-18 16:44:43

Tesco have some really nice luxury fabric ones £16 I think?

Applejack70455 Fri 20-Apr-18 17:32:59

Look for 'joggers' - they have the exact same style in lots of different prints/colours. I'll try to do a link.

NecklessMumster Fri 20-Apr-18 17:35:20

oh no! I live in these! Got bleach on them so need new ones too. Would M and S hi rise tapered trousers do?

Applejack70455 Fri 20-Apr-18 17:36:25

http://www.next.co.uk/g22182s23#163960

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Fri 20-Apr-18 17:45:10

Oh glad I saw this- I saw the joggers and wondered the same but not convinced enough to order.

TheFairyCaravan Fri 20-Apr-18 18:06:53

The joggers aren’t the same. I’ve got a black floral and a navy pair and while they’ll do they are a different fabric, a different cut and have annoying tassels at the front that hit you in the crotch when you walk.

Matalan have loads on their website but I’d need to go and look at them before I bought them.

Kochicoo Fri 20-Apr-18 18:12:07

The M&S "Jersey tapered leg trousers" were good last year and washed really well etc. Presume this year's are the same. . .

Whatisthislifeiffullofcare Fri 20-Apr-18 18:15:04

I bought the Next 'joggers' sadly not the same as the harems. Wider in the leg and longer I think, annoying tie thing at waist. I thought I'd got a rogue pair but then realised what they were (thought they were the harems in the shop) and sadly removed label and worn them. Fine for round the house but I wouldn't wear them as I usually did on a plane

Pinkkahori Sat 21-Apr-18 16:12:47

I think the Matalan look like the closest to the Next ones but I'm having issues with delivery to Ireland.
I was in Penneys (Primark) today and invested the huge amount of €6 on their version but they are definitely to be worn around the house only.
I think it's the polyester that's the problem. The Matalan ones are viscose like the Next ones.
If anyone gets a chance to try the Matalan ones can they let us know?

Thanks

Pinkkahori Sat 21-Apr-18 16:15:07

The Marks ones look good too - also viscose and elastane. I think I'll order a pair of those.

Nearlyadoctor Sat 21-Apr-18 17:24:54

Was coming on to recommend Hush, have had mine 3 years, washed loads and still excellent condition - if they’re too expensive worth a hint on eBay

legolammb Sat 21-Apr-18 18:56:00

A warning re. the M&S ones - I bought some a couple of months ago and they've bobbled terribly after not much wear. Shame as they're lovely and comfy and were nice to wear for holiday evenings.

Applejack70455 Sat 21-Apr-18 19:32:29

I ordered two pairs of the joggers, they came today. They're not quite the same as the waistband isn't as think and has a toggle so doesn't fit as well underneath a vest too. Apart from that I find the fit and cut really similar. Will see how they wash!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: