Talk

Advanced search

If you use a cleansing balm...

(75 Posts)
CognitiveDissonance Fri 20-Apr-18 05:29:38

Which one do you use? smile

I recently started using a little tester pot of Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing balm that I got in an M&S advent calendar and it seems pretty decent so far but it's tiny and will run out soon. I'd like to start using a cleansing balm regularly but before I purchase the full size of this Emma Hardie one, I'm wondering if there are any other great ones out there that anyone could recommend?
I have combination skin that tends to lean more on the oily side (you could fry an egg on my nose some days sad) and it's also quite sensitive (eczema pops up every now and then).
Please let me know if you have any recommendations!

FourEyesGood Fri 20-Apr-18 07:19:32

Body Shop chamomile cleansing butter is fab.

SheStoodInTheStorm Fri 20-Apr-18 07:20:35

Chamomile cleansing balm from the body shop (but it has she's butter in so depends on how your skin likes it)

Lush do one called ultra-bland.

My favourite is Clinique take the day off balm though.

SheStoodInTheStorm Fri 20-Apr-18 07:20:48

Shea butter*

Sparkletastic Fri 20-Apr-18 07:22:34

Clinique Take the Day Off. I have oily occasionally sensitive skin too. It's the bomb.

smerlin Fri 20-Apr-18 07:28:48

For double cleansing, would you use this with an oil cleanser before? It says it's a balm but turns to an oil?

onlyconnect Fri 20-Apr-18 07:36:05

Emma Hardie is my favourite although I do also like the Body Shop one and Liz Earle.

McDougal Fri 20-Apr-18 07:40:50

Another one for the body shop camomile cleansing butter. It's the only thing that shifts double wear and for that I will always be grateful.

DialMforMordor Fri 20-Apr-18 07:43:09

Bee Good Honey and Propolis creamy cleanser - more of a hot cloth cleanser than a balm but I really like it, and the mild antiseptic quality of the honey seems to soothe my rosacea too.

Shmithecat Fri 20-Apr-18 07:46:43

I quite like the Pixi/Caroline Hirons double cleanse pot. TBS Chamomile butter. Cliniques TTDO. But my all time fave is the EH one. Just beautiful.

Childrenofthesun Fri 20-Apr-18 07:48:18

Lush ultrabland is very good.

letiziana Fri 20-Apr-18 07:48:54

Elemis cleansing balm is gorgeous

craigglen Fri 20-Apr-18 07:50:40

Ive tried lots and I like the Body Shop camomile butter best.

Hillingdon Fri 20-Apr-18 07:54:59

Clinque Take the Day Off is great. Try Feel unique website or All Beauty. Often a few £ off and if you like Clinque you can sign up to one brand and get 10% for life..

Emma Hardie is quite often discounted on these websites - I am sure I saw 20% recently.

MrsSnitch Fri 20-Apr-18 08:01:30

smerlin double cleanse means using a balm or oil first to take off makeup then use a foaming or cream cleanser to deep clean skin. Balm and oil do the same job

CognitiveDissonance Fri 20-Apr-18 08:34:37

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Yes smerlins I use it for double cleansing, found it works wonders for my skin as I'm making a conscious effort to stop using face wipes

MinesaPinot Fri 20-Apr-18 09:11:32

Clinique Take the Day Off balm for me, although I did look at the new No. 7 cleansing balm the other day so may try that out.

Going against the grain of other MN's, I didn't get on with the Body Shop Camomile cleansing balm at all - made me quite dry and itchy.

sweetiehuni Fri 20-Apr-18 12:48:55

I use elemis it smells Divine xxx

TantricTwist Fri 20-Apr-18 15:16:17

I have Emma Hardie and Clinique Take the Day off.

Clinique TTDO is by far my favourite although I love the smell of EH.

I didn't like the Body shop Camomile Balm at all.

TantricTwist Fri 20-Apr-18 15:17:49

Ps I have sensitive combination skin

suchatiredbunny Fri 20-Apr-18 15:40:41

My favourite is the original Elemis one, but I didn't like their new rose one at all. The Clinique one is good but I prefer a bit of scent which it doesn't have. Body Shop one is lovely but makes my eyes smeary if I get it too close so I don't buy it often as I like to use one Cleanser for everything and not need a separate eye make up remover.

loveka Fri 20-Apr-18 15:44:06

The Elemis one is gorgeous.

I have just splashed out on Emma Hardie because I love the smell even more than Elemis. I got 25% off from Look Fantastic (I think!)

louderthan1 Fri 20-Apr-18 16:42:55

Clinique Take The Day Off is amazing but ££
No 7 have just brought out a version which is very similar. I'm getting good results!
I can also recommend Simple cleansing oil, gets every scrap of makeup off and is super cheap.
I take my makeup off with oil/balm and then do a second cleanse with a gentle cream.

trigger2 Fri 20-Apr-18 17:58:42

I like Ren Purity Balm, smells strongly of roses though, but doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. I also like Superdrug Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser & the Simple Cleansing Oil, basic non scented but does the job well.

LibertyBlue Fri 20-Apr-18 18:50:23

Interesting that there is not much love for Liz Earle when their cleanser is the best selling

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: