Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin

(12 Posts)
Polkadot1974 Mon 19-Mar-18 20:52:43

Chin hairs. New one now to join its friend which appeared after I turned 40. I’m not alone am I? They’re like wire blushsad

user1486076969 Mon 19-Mar-18 20:54:00

Just wait until you turn 50 grin......

theclockticksslowly Mon 19-Mar-18 20:54:29

I wish I had got to 40 before they appeared!

mamakoukla Mon 19-Mar-18 20:55:14

I don’t mind the odd wiry one which could be plucked. There is now a worrisome fine but luxurious growth. 42.

Ohyesiam Mon 19-Mar-18 20:57:57

Threading. It’s the only way??. Buy thread on amazon( don’t use sewing thread, you can cut your skin), lookup how on you tube, you can learn in 5 minutes.
I don’t know why, but it lasts much longer than plucking. Logic says it should be the same, but it keeps them at bay for much longer.

Asmadasmax Mon 19-Mar-18 21:26:44

Epilator on Amazon. This one

Electric EPILATOR Wizzit Tweezers Body Facial Hair Removal Remover LADIES WOMEN ink{https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0792Y9TS6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7QcSAbWD65YF?tag=mumsnetforum-21B\www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0792Y9TS6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7QcSAbWD65YF?tag=mumsnetforum-21]]B}

Cheap and does the job.

Polkadot1974 Mon 19-Mar-18 21:31:07

Oh to not be alone. Thank you thank you!
I also have find peach fuzz higher up. I always had nice skin but it’s now dull and hairy! Can’t open the Amazon link ? Interested in threading though. It’s satisfying when they come out but the shame of my husband recoiling as he saw them blush
The mystery has gone, thanks to the new location catching me out - the others were under strict control. Caught as soon as they appeared, seemingly overnight and already an inch long. How? Why?

SavoyCabbage Mon 19-Mar-18 21:34:41

I’ve got a Phillips Lumea and it’s incredible the difference it’s made in a really short time. I got it for my dd really so she wouldn’t need to shave for the rest of her life but she hasn’t plucked grin up the courage to use it so I’ve been giving it a go.

Asmadasmax Mon 19-Mar-18 22:25:39

PCSG Electric EPILATOR Wizzit Tweezers Body Facial Hair Removal Remover LADIES WOMEN www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0792Y9TS6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7QcSAbWD65YFB?tag=mumsnetforum-21

HolyShmoly Mon 19-Mar-18 23:04:20

Since early 20s I've had a couple recurring beauties on my chin and on the mole on my cheek. They seem to grow a fair bit under the skin, causing a lovely spot and then I have to break the skin for the hair to 'pop' out to a length that can be plucked.

Joyous.

Deathraystare Tue 20-Mar-18 07:35:23

I tried the No No. Worked on my legs but not my face. Perhaps because the hairs were ..rather white and bloody tough.

I am really pissed off. The hair on my head is deffo thinning, my eyebrows are practically none existent and my lashes are barely there now and pale but my chin.... I am now officially a member of ZZ Top. Not the beardless one, either!

Polkadot1974 Tue 20-Mar-18 21:30:26

My lash dye and eyebrow dye doesn’t last now either and my hair is v thin in my head. Pubes seem to grow well though ...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: