Talk

Advanced search

Need a nice looking slightly flattening bra for conical breasts

(12 Posts)
firstdatesfear Sun 18-Mar-18 12:21:25

I've got quite conical/tubular breasts and a broadish frame. After losing over 1.5 stone in the last year I've found that I can and want to wear more fitted tops/jumpers again! I never used to understand why they looked a bit weird on me but now I've found that my padded plunge bras while the nicest for my shape in lots of ways, does not look that good under many jumpers and tops (probably overthinking...)

So! On the basis that sports bras flattern them down making them look smaller but fuller- are there any other, nicer bras for every day that might do a similar job. I feel like they look like little cones or THAT madonna bra.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 18-Mar-18 12:22:37

A half cup/balconette style?

firstdatesfear Sun 18-Mar-18 12:25:46

Those are the worst shape for me, makes them look even tinier but round like little blueberries 😫

MsHippo Sun 18-Mar-18 12:28:17

I have stimulated shaped but smallish breasts. I actually find a stretchy bralet works well, as it has a similar effect to a sports bra. M&S do some nice lacy ones that a super comfy.

MsHippo Sun 18-Mar-18 12:28:32

*similarly!!!

PaperdollCartoon Sun 18-Mar-18 12:31:03

Are you definitely wearing the right size bra? Have you done the bra or bust calculator?

firstdatesfear Sun 18-Mar-18 12:36:34

I'll have a look MsHippo, I was just trying to avoid anything that made me feel like a prepubescent in a crop top 😔

I'm very sure I am Paperdoll they're very shallow and pointy, and further away from each other than 'normal' breasts. They're underdeveloped basically. But I could do some measuring. The problem with the measuring methods is that because they're pointy with puffy nipples, the measurement around them at their fullest point assumes that they're full from the nipple back, when there's really not much there.

AlistairAppletonssexyscarf Sun 18-Mar-18 12:39:36

I have the same type of breasts and find that slightly padded T shirt bras work quite well.

Incidentally I don't know if you've had children or are thinking of it, but you may require extra support if you're thinking of breastfeeding.

firstdatesfear Sun 18-Mar-18 12:48:10

I'd love to be thinking of having children Alistair but lack of partner shuts that down sadly... I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to breastfeed but I'm fine with that.

AlistairAppletonssexyscarf Sun 18-Mar-18 12:49:06

I wish you lots of luck with bra and partner. flowers

firstdatesfear Sun 18-Mar-18 13:39:38

Thank you! I'm ever hopeful, sort of! 😬

SwimmingInTheBlueLagoon Sun 18-Mar-18 14:37:03

A moulded full cup bra. But also do make sure it's correctly sized by bra intervention methods.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: