Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

6 month mission to thicken & grow damaged breakable hair.. HOW??!!

(11 Posts)
Stillmonday Tue 13-Mar-18 18:45:37

I'm giving myself 6 months to thicken & grown my hair.
It's shoulder length now and I'd like to thicken up the sides as they seem shorter where they have broken off.

So I'm thinking no hairdryers or straighteners but is there any products that could help ?

Anything to make my hair more robust?

wirrinboffin Tue 13-Mar-18 18:48:23

Biotin supplement? I was recommended it as I had surgery that could have promoted hair loss...so far no hair loss and thicker feeling hair - been taking Biotin for about 5 months.

Pleasebeafleabite Tue 13-Mar-18 18:49:21

How did it get so damaged?

haverhill Tue 13-Mar-18 18:52:11

Biotin, excellent diet, lots of water, minimal heat styling, try co-washing, it even suits my fine straight hair.

AfterSchoolWorry Tue 13-Mar-18 18:58:41

Henna or cassia

Lifeaback Tue 13-Mar-18 19:00:54

Another vote for biotin! Has transformed mine

ScreamingValenta Tue 13-Mar-18 19:01:30

Second the Biotin, also MSM and sea kelp (all sold in Holland & Barrett). Aussie 5 Miracle oil is good for stopping breakage without weighing hair down too much.

cloudtree Tue 13-Mar-18 19:02:09

Olaplex might help. I use it weekly and it makes mine stronger (and super swishy)

Sitranced Tue 13-Mar-18 19:05:18

Castor oil - slather on, cover with a towel and sleep on it. Rinse with hot water in the morning. Once a week.

Ihatebuildabear Tue 13-Mar-18 19:06:15

Biotin is wonderful. My hair went thin due to low iron and it's really helped.

ScreamingValenta Tue 13-Mar-18 19:08:56

I would just add with Biotin, you may need trial and error to get the right amount - I found the recommended dose brought me out in spots, so had to lower it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: