Talk

Advanced search

No 7 make up - marvellous stuff

(21 Posts)
Lottapianos Tue 13-Mar-18 13:08:24

I'm a recent convert and I'm so impressed. I am sick to death of spending £25 a time on lipsticks from YSL, Lancôme and Charlotte Tilbury or £35 plus on foundations from fancy brands only for them to turn out to be utter shit at worst, and adequate at best. So No7's lovely range of products has turned out to be a revelation, and extremely wallet-friendly

So far I have used

Skin Illuminator primer - perks up my dry skin
Instant Radiance foundation - perfect colour match and super glowy
Airbrush Away pressed powder - manages to take down shine but be illuminating at the same time, and doesn't sit in fine lines
Moisture Drench lipstick - good range of colours, zero dryness, fades nicely. And a tenner a go
Stay Perfect lipstick - ditto, and a properly creamy matte finish
Stay Perfect topcoat - dries in 60 seconds and leaves a good shiny finish

Absolutely chuffed with all of these. Any other products you have tried and loved from this range?

whysorude Tue 13-Mar-18 23:51:20

Recently bought Perfectly Bronzed Duo Bronzer and a sample of Skin Illuminator. I no longer look like the living dead. (Though do worry about being a bit too sparkly and therefore mutton dressed as lamb).

whysorude Tue 13-Mar-18 23:53:42

Oh, and a moisture drench lipstick - Deep Rose. Great colour and lasts long enough.

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 14-Mar-18 06:52:49

I agree, I always buy a gift set in the run up to Christmas with eyeshadow, mascara etc and it lasts me all year, and has a few samples to try too. My current foundation is a No7 one. I’m not a big makeup wearer, I like natural shades etc, and I can usually find a good match in their range.

Sammysquiz Wed 14-Mar-18 07:02:07

I agree. I recently bought one of their Stay Perfect eyeshadow sticks, and use it as an eyeliner. It has amazing staying power, loads better than the more expensive ones I’ve tried.

Naicethings Wed 14-Mar-18 08:03:33

No 7 sheer temptation lipstick in Caramel KIss
Any of their glossy lip crayons.

MinesaPinot Wed 14-Mar-18 13:15:33

I'm a fan of their makeup as well. I've used their tinted moisturiser, lipsticks and blusher for years. I've just recently tried their mascara in the gold tube which is also very good.

I like their nail polish as well.

Particularly good when they do 3 for 2, or give out their money off vouchers, and I always like a Christmas gift set - I buy them in the sales - it's how I've discovered the mascara.

Annabelle4 Wed 14-Mar-18 13:35:18

Yes, I love all their makeup apart from an eyeshadow palette that I once bought (very dusty, poor quality). Everything else is great and reasonably priced.

I'm not a fan of the skincare though. I treated myself to the Advent calendar at Christmas, so got to try lots of products.

jennymac Wed 14-Mar-18 13:48:53

I really like the stay perfect mascara - does exactly as it says and gives good definition to lashes also.

MinesaPinot Wed 14-Mar-18 14:53:57

Annabelle I'm not keen on the skincare either. I got the pre-Christmas star gift from Boots, primarily to try the Protect and Perfect day and night cream. It was ok but I wouldn't rush to buy it again. For various reasons, I didn't like the hot cloth cleanser, the eye make up remover or the face mask so gave those away.

Faze84 Wed 14-Mar-18 15:06:55

I really like the skin care and i once received a nice comment whilst using their mascara but I've never worn any of their make up. Im tempted now. I have 50 quid on my advantage card i intend to treat myself with.

nickEcave Wed 14-Mar-18 16:03:52

I really like their cream eyeshadows - I find even quite expensive powder eyeshadows sit in the creases of my eyelids.

Timefortea99 Wed 14-Mar-18 17:46:17

I like the Stay Perfect (gold tube) mascara. It is a tubing one, and I much prefer it to the Clinique Lash Power one. Cheaper too.

jalopy Wed 14-Mar-18 18:13:03

The nude lip liner. Fab.

Kaykay06 Wed 14-Mar-18 18:14:01

Some of the make up is lovely, I used foundation from there for a long time. Can’t get along with the skin care makes me break out in red itchy patches on my face. But used to buy it for my mum who loved it until she started getting swollen eyes and dry red patches all of a sudden. So stopped using it.
Might pop in tomorrow see what I can find smile

MsMcWoodle Wed 14-Mar-18 18:18:02

The gold tube mascara is great. Doesn't shift until you want it to - never smudges, comes off really easily with a bit of baby lotion.

stoplickingthetelly Wed 14-Mar-18 21:54:52

I really like their eyebrow pencil and their loose powder. I've tried loads of others and always go back to this. I was also impressed by their lipsticks. Their hot cloth cleanser is lovely, my skin is I'm much better condition since I started using it.

AdoraBell Wed 14-Mar-18 21:59:14

Ooh, good to see this as I’ve been tempted but didn’t want to waste money. I tried Max Factor last year, having used it many years ago, and was really disappointed.

PencilledIn Wed 14-Mar-18 23:25:17

yes i only started using this range this year. I love the lift and luminate make up. Also the caramel kiss lip sheen (like a cross between lip stick and lip balm) in a thin silver case. I think the packaging has been the same for years which puts people off but the quality is good.

MinesaPinot Thu 15-Mar-18 09:18:57

I forgot to say I like their Stay Perfect Metallic Eye Pencils www.boots.com/no7-metallic-eyes-pencil-10140742 as well

MinesaPinot Thu 15-Mar-18 14:06:38

So having said that I don't like the skincare, I have just been in Boots and they have new cleansers in the No. 7 Range called Radiant Results. I tried the Nourishing balm cleanser and the Revitalising Hot Cloth cleanser on the backs of my hands.

The Nourishing balm was really nice, very light fragrance (if at all) and melted in without a lot of rubbing. £13 for 125ml pot - looks very like the Clinique Take the Day off balm but £10 cheaper that the Clinique.

Likewise the Hot Cloth Cleanser. Very little fragrance and felt nice and creamy. Much preferred it to the usual No. 7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser which has a really strange smell IMO. Same price as the balm cleanser - £13

And it's all on 3 for 2, or £5 off if you've got a voucher.

Am minded to try either when my current cleanser runs out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: