Talk

Advanced search

Tween sandals?

(8 Posts)
carrie74 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:19:44

Hi there, we're off to sunnier weather for the Easter holidays and I'm thinking of getting some sandals for my fashion-rejector DD12. She's been wearing Crocs since she was a toddler and would happily continue wearing them, but I think it's time she wore something slightly more grown up. They need to be comfy and not too expensive (she has an awful habit of not wearing the shoes I buy her). What's the done thing for tweens in your house?

AlishaMary Tue 13-Mar-18 09:27:40

I’d just carry on letting her wear Crocs if that’s what she likes confused Unless it’s a formal occasion I really don’t see the issue.

user1494670108 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:27:59

I've been wondering the same but for my ds. I bought Crocs flip flops but he doesn't like the toe post, he doesn't do laces so trainers which would be too hot anyway are out.

AlishaMary Tue 13-Mar-18 09:28:27

Plus if she’s already not wearing the shoes you buy her then why waste money buying more that she obviously doesn’t like!?

Scoleah Tue 13-Mar-18 09:31:55

Have a Look on Boohoo,
There's Always 30% off all Kids/Teens Shoes and Clothes with code 30KIDS

carrie74 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:33:30

Alisha, I've considered that, and it may be the way we go in the end, but I really don't want her to have a reason to look babyish to her friends where what they wear is becoming more important. I admire her for not caring, but I've also noticed that when I have bought her 'trendier' stufff, she holds herself more confidently when seeing friends. She has said before that she doesn't understand what's trendy and what's not, so sometimes she just puts on a 'don't care' front.

Thinking maybe pool slides? Need to take her shopping this weekend (the most painful thing ever).

carrie74 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:34:15

Thanks user, I'm not even going their for DS yet (10). He can stay in his crocs for another summer...

carrie74 Tue 13-Mar-18 09:34:33

Thanks scoleah, I'll take a look!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: