Talk

Advanced search

Style advice - need to sort myself out

(1 Post)
daisym00n Tue 13-Mar-18 08:51:41

I am 40 years old and I’ve never really been that interested in how I dress or how I look. I’m still not that interested but I suppose I am concious that I could probably pay a bit more attention so I don’t end up rolling my eyes so often when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

This has started because I’ve realised most of my underwear has cartoon characters, days of the week or funny slogans on them and most are probably at least 20 years old. They only still fit me because they are stretched out of proportion.

I buy most of my clothes from ebay, at a supermarket or Peacocks, with a bulk buy at Primark every so often. I walk or cycle most places and I am a sweaty betty so my current wardrobe consists of 4 navy blue stripy tops (all the same which I just circulate), a Star Wars tshirt, a couple of Mountain warehouse wicking tops and my jeans.

I am planning to venture into the city (Cardiff) this weekend but where is a good place for me to start?

- I know I definitely want to buy a pair of Jeans. I live in them but I usually just grab a pair from Peacocks or Asda when the previous pair have holes in them. I’d love advice on where I should start (I’m short, size 16 and carry my excess weight in my tummy) becuase I’ve realised it’s probably a false economy to buy lots of cheap ill fitting jeans rather than a more expensive paid which fit.
- Knickers - I can’t really wear synthetics. Where can I go to stock up on nice grown up cotton pants?

Any advice gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: