Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Foundation oxidised

(4 Posts)
Blahblahblahyadayadayada Mon 12-Mar-18 22:22:58

I just got a Mac Factor Healthy skin foundation. It seemed fine when I applied it but within an hour I looked orange! I suppose it is most likely due to my spf.
Would i be able to mix it with a lighter shade or is it still likely to make me look like I’ve been Tangoed? Am considering using it as an under eye corrector in the meantime.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Tue 13-Mar-18 01:55:37

Any suggestions?

PerspicaciaTick Tue 13-Mar-18 02:38:04

Doesn't the foundation already have spf20? May be worth trying it without your own spf for a day or two to see if the colour stays true - at least you will then know if your spf is having any effect on the colour.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Tue 13-Mar-18 05:24:36

The foundation does have spf. I’ve never turned orange before with foundation but that was in a different brand. Trying without the spf for a day can’t hurt. I can always wipe it off if it doesn’t look right!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: