Advanced search

Don't know where to start - footwear, coat

(11 Posts)
MalcolmsBrokenWalrusMoneybox Sun 11-Mar-18 16:22:05

Hello, I've been "making do" with about 15 year old trainers and newer slip on trainers that are starting to fall apart.
Ideally I am after several "pieces" of footwear, preferably that will not need replacing too quickly, and if possible, ethical, although these tend to be out of my price range I think:
Flat or very slight heel boots
Trainers (pref dark)
Smarter slip on or ballet pumps

I'm 40 and short, either a 4.5 (clarks) or closer to a 5 elsewhere.
Please help, big TIA

MalcolmsBrokenWalrusMoneybox Sun 11-Mar-18 16:25:11

Oh, I'm also after a cosy coat please.
I'm not used to spending money on myself but it needs doing, I'm sloshing about in a spare coat of my dh.
I need to look like I look after myself a bit more blush, I'm an embarrassment.

MalcolmsBrokenWalrusMoneybox Sun 11-Mar-18 16:27:14

Oh heck, sandals or summery shoes also required.

PinglePongle Sun 11-Mar-18 16:29:36

Clarks outlet online for some bargain shoes at the moment?

I always get my coats from TK Maxx and pay between £60 and £90 for a designer one but they last years

CountFosco Sun 11-Mar-18 16:32:22

I think Veja trainers are ethical. Check out, Hannah is a complete sneakerhead and features lots of small ethical companies.

BikeRunSki Sun 11-Mar-18 16:47:56

Rocket Dog do a lot of vegan shoes; not sure what their wider ethical policy is like.

ChishandFips33 Sun 11-Mar-18 17:13:31

Once you've found a couple of pairs to set you away, Visit several shops and get a feel for what suits and fits then keep an eye on eBay - you'd be amazed how many shoes are sold that are only tried on or new with tags

MalcolmsBrokenWalrusMoneybox Sun 11-Mar-18 20:38:18

Thank you all, I am online window shopping your suggestions

Ollivander84 Sun 11-Mar-18 21:12:07

I have these ballet pumps, mega mega comfy

Ollivander84 Sun 11-Mar-18 21:14:26

Oh they come in different styles too. I have those (cleo sincere) but they do cleo sass/bewitch too. Google should show you other styles, I got them off the Skechers site

pickingdaisies Tue 13-Mar-18 23:23:13

Hobbs, jigsaw, John Lewis all have sales now, good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now