Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Comfy shoes - Hotter? Anyone else?

(32 Posts)
shoelaces Sun 11-Mar-18 09:11:00

Please! I want to still have nice stylish shoes but need comfort so bad. I'm size 7 and sometimes measure a little wide. Is Hotter the only brand? TIA

TwitterQueen1 Sun 11-Mar-18 09:18:12

Have you looked at www.rieker.co.uk

shoelaces Sun 11-Mar-18 22:16:02

Thanks Twitter, I shall take a look. MIL has suggested pavers and Ecco. Is there any other 'comfy' brands? What I've found so far is a bit frumpy! wink

retirednow Sun 11-Mar-18 22:18:00

Sketchers, Edinburgh woollen mill, moshulu

retirednow Sun 11-Mar-18 22:18:32

Marks and spencer footglove range

RaindropsAndSparkles Sun 11-Mar-18 22:18:54

Gabor is good for wide feet. Also it is possible to chose wisely in Hotter. Clarke's have wide styles as do M&S.

mimiasovitch Sun 11-Mar-18 23:01:29

Tamaris. Not expensive and really, really comfy. I have a pair of low heels ankle boots that I can wear all day in work (on my feet) and they are amazing. Bought a pair of 3 inch heels and also good, though I've not tried them out for an eight hour shift.

LunaTheCat Mon 12-Mar-18 07:50:02

For summer then can’t go past Birkenstocks - they look trendy and classic Arizona style comes in lots colours.
For Spring and Autumn I have a pair of Boston Birkenstock Clogs.

DumbledoresApprentice Mon 12-Mar-18 07:52:40

If you choose carefully in hotter you can get some nice shoes. I’m wearing a pair of their boots right now and they are lovely. You have to sift through a lot of ugly shoes to find the nice ones though.

shoelaces Mon 12-Mar-18 16:42:30

Thanks everyone. I'm trawling through now but don't want to have to buy a load and send some back.

I have quite wide feet and painful heals. Will keep looking!

LockedOutOfMN Mon 12-Mar-18 17:04:28

Skechers for more casual styles. Really comfortable.

smashyourglasses Mon 12-Mar-18 17:10:52

Definitely Ecco.

NotMeNoNo Mon 12-Mar-18 17:32:05

M&S have some quite decent wide fit styles, I love the chunky loafers.

Silverstreaks Mon 12-Mar-18 19:13:51

Fly London are really comfortable. The boots leak like a sieve unfortunately.

GatherlyGal Mon 12-Mar-18 19:18:40

I've just bought some from Vionic - they have an orthotic built in so fab if you need extra support.

mayhew Mon 12-Mar-18 19:31:19

Vionic are lovely for painful feet.

FaFoutis Mon 12-Mar-18 19:32:23

El Naturalista.

shoelaces Tue 13-Mar-18 12:37:17

Wow Vionic are really expensive! I'm off to M&S tomorrow. Looking for shoes not trainers. Will update you All when I find some!

CoperCabana Tue 13-Mar-18 12:41:28

Fashion wide shoes are available in Matalan, Evans and New Look. I have also found Viva la Diva good, and the shoe section in Simply Be catalogues include wider fit shoes from a number of different brands.

CointreauVersial Tue 13-Mar-18 16:18:52

I find most Hotter shoes too narrow. They aren't specifically wide fit (although some do come in a wider fit, quite a lot of the styles don't).

Good brands for me are M&S, Clarks, New Look, Gabor, Rieker....

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Tue 13-Mar-18 16:28:21

Josef Siebel are incredibly comfy. I’ve had both ankle boots and sandals and both are fantastic. You just have to choose carefully to make sure they’re not a bit frumpy.

AnotherOtter Tue 13-Mar-18 16:44:17

I have wide feet but narrow heels which means standard wide fit shoes rub at the heels and cause blisters. Rieker are mostly good. Some styles of Dr Martens can be alright too. Lots of surgical tape on the heels when breaking shoes in for me.

ChishandFips33 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:46:36

Have you had a diagnosis for the pain in your heels?

Insoles may be another route, especially if the pain is from plantar fasciitis

...I wear Ecco sandals in the summer and crocs (but not the clogs! Though I have those as slippers smile)
Insoles have helped me access a less restricted range but have to keep heel height low

Clarks Hamble brogues can be comfortable

VileyRose Tue 13-Mar-18 20:48:02

Sketches go walk.

CornyCollins Tue 13-Mar-18 20:51:39

@Silverstreaks I have a pair of Fly London boots too, but they seem to have NO grip whatsoever! I have ended up on my arse like Bambi on ice every time I wore them! Shame as they were really comfy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: