Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

£200-300 handbag - what would you buy?

(55 Posts)
thenorthernluce Sat 24-Feb-18 15:46:26

Just that, really!

If you had £200-300 to spend, where would you look? I’ve found very few brands sell at this price range, so maybe I don’t know what I’m doing!

I would like real leather, in tan or grey, zip enclosure, ample room to go over my shoulder, a bit of tasteful hardware in gold, plenty of pockets or nooks and crannies for storing stuff. Nothing patterned or too “bling” or emblazoned with logos.

From what I’ve seen so far, I like Lauren Ralph Lauren and Modalu, but I’m sure there’s more!

This is the most money I’ve ever saved up for a handbag, but my current one (£100 from M&S a couple of years ago) is looking very tatty now. I only ever have one handbag at a time, so I would like a slightly better one than I’ve bought in the past.

Guidance much appreciated!

HolgerDanske Sat 24-Feb-18 16:11:59

I would look at the Outnet. Lots of designer handbags at very good discounts, plus if you wait for it they sometimes do an extra 20% off which means you can get a really good bargain.

HolgerDanske Sat 24-Feb-18 16:15:02

Otherwise I know a lot of people really rate Coach bags.

LovingLola Sat 24-Feb-18 16:16:27

Coach prairie satchel.

littlepeas Sat 24-Feb-18 16:17:47

Oushka!

RiojaHaze Sat 24-Feb-18 16:18:21

Kate Spade!

KatharinaRosalie Sat 24-Feb-18 16:21:19

Do you know Fossil bags? Not fussy, no bling, very well made and last forever.

Brillenbar Sat 24-Feb-18 16:31:14

Tusting

Getabloominmoveon Sat 24-Feb-18 16:34:12

Check out Furla - lovely Italian style at the affordable end of the Designer spectrum

loobylou10 Sat 24-Feb-18 16:39:05

Fossil. Really well made, understated and classy

winterinmadeira Sat 24-Feb-18 16:40:33

Coach Furla or radley - all good value and last a long time

Longdistance Sat 24-Feb-18 16:41:28

Ooo, my kind of thread.

Yes to Furla. I’ve a few, and they last forever, beautiful leather too.
Coach are lovely too.

I’m going to hang around for ideas too.

Bluntness100 Sat 24-Feb-18 16:41:47

Lk Bennett. I love their bags. Very well made and generally within this price point.

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Sat 24-Feb-18 16:52:58

£350 but it's lovely

www.johnlewis.com/coach-edie-31-polished-pebble-leather-shoulder-bag/p3261251?colour=Marine

thenorthernluce Sat 24-Feb-18 17:49:55

Assigned, that bag is gorgeous! Hmmmm, can I stretch the budget...?

Thanks all for your recommendations; much appreciated.

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Sat 24-Feb-18 17:55:40

£50 extra for something that is great quality and will give you pleasure for years is def worth it. It will still be there in two months, just put some more money away and get something you love and will enjoy

MinesaPinot Sat 24-Feb-18 18:00:47

Furla
Kate Spade
Coach
Fossill

All of which will be in your price range.

Alternatively I would look at Naughtipidgins bags to see if you can get a preloved designer bag that will fall within your price range. Shian who runs the site is wonderful, and everything is legitimate.

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Sat 24-Feb-18 18:05:20

Actually there is a website that has the most amazing handbags I have ever seen. It is an Italian brand, no store presence, at least not in the UK, hadn't hear of it before it was posted on S&B last year. Started with a C I think - possibly two names or a double barrelled name. Anyone know?

They had quite a few with metallic beading - sounds weird but they were awesome. Thought I had bookmarked the site but hadn't. Was in your budget too OP.

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Sat 24-Feb-18 18:06:32

Coach do really good sales if ypu are willing to hang on for a bit. Get on the mailing list - I have bought 2 coach bags for around £150 each in the sales.

IWannaSeeHowItEnds Sat 24-Feb-18 18:08:11

Also have a look at Grandala/Blondie Mania (not sire what name they are going by these days). Very good quality (I own the Petrolina).

Jaimx86 Sat 24-Feb-18 18:08:53

See by Chloe. I'm always happy with the quality of bag from here, and they're in a similar style to the Chloe bags.

BeachyUmbrella Sat 24-Feb-18 18:38:31

Coach I think

val4 Sat 24-Feb-18 19:21:25

m.johnlewis.com/coach-chelsea-32-polished-leather-hobo-bag/p3396035
Got this Coach bag in taupe for Christmas. It's gorgeous and goes with both casual and dressed up looks. I've used it everyday since (usually change around bags ) and have had loads compliments. It's perfect size and fits in comfortably under arm( on shoulder).

extinctspecies Sat 24-Feb-18 19:41:36

I like my Mimi Berry which I bought after a recommendation on here.

www.mimiberry.co.uk

Also a big fan of Coach. Especially if you can get one from an outlet store.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 24-Feb-18 19:57:56

I'm coveting a Liebeskind Berlin bag at the moment. They are lovely squishy leather. My current 'nice' bag is a Fossil one, which I'm pleased with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: