Advanced search

Guess what size bra M&S suggested

(75 Posts)
Katz Wed 21-Feb-18 15:44:31

My DD wears a size xs or 4/6 and 00 jeans. Guess what size bra M&S suggested for her?

GhettoFabulous Wed 21-Feb-18 15:46:45

EB123 Wed 21-Feb-18 15:47:41

nothanksbyenow Wed 21-Feb-18 15:50:51

I’ll go 32b

Katz Wed 21-Feb-18 15:50:51

Ghetto - spot on!

The fitter tried to convince me that the band size was perfect. She pulled it out an inch. I could easily extend it by 4-6inchs without DD even noticing I was. I pointed out she was slipping out from underneath the cups but no that was a perfect fit!

Katz Wed 21-Feb-18 15:54:11

How can they get it so wrong. We’d tried the 30C on and that was to big round and the 28 was the right band but they don’t go bigger than a C cup. Which is why I’d tried the 30C to get the cup volume. The fitter told me that the band was strangerling her! DD was quiet happy in the 28 band but the cup was too small.

Branleuse Wed 21-Feb-18 15:57:27

M&S are so shit for bra sizing, its laughable.

Katz Wed 21-Feb-18 16:01:46

Thankfully DD believed me when I said there’s no way she’s a 34b. She watched the fitter measure her and then add 4 inches to get the band size. She asked me why after but not the fitter.

Theresahairbrushinthefridge Wed 21-Feb-18 16:02:22

Had the same hideous experience with my DD (12). Size 6/8. 34 B. She's a 28 back.

KatharinaRosalie Wed 21-Feb-18 16:02:35

Tsk. 34B will totally fit her. You only have to wrap it around her body twice grin

DunkandEgg Wed 21-Feb-18 16:04:27

I self fitted myself the other day for bras. Used the better bra campaign fit advice and I'm currently sat in a PERFECTLY fitted 30GG.

Bet you'd never believe that I'm a good sturdy size 12, a size 14 bum and thigh area and a wobbly mum tum to boot.

Why, oh why do places still insist on using outdated and useless measuring services that do nothing good for us?

I hope your daughter is fitted into underwear that's the right size by now OP. M&S really need to step up their game.

KatharinaRosalie Wed 21-Feb-18 16:05:16

I'm fully convinced that M&S bra 'fitters' have been given strict orders to only offer 2 sizes - 34B and 36C . There's no other explanation.

Oh sorry, and of course there is the 3rd option, tell the woman she has weird shape boobs, impossible to fit.

blackberryfairy Wed 21-Feb-18 16:08:52

Go to Victoria's Secret.

I've always previously been measured in M&S and was wearing a 34B. It was uncomfortable and not supportive.

I went to VS and they told me I was a 32D. I didn't believe them until they brought me a bunch of bras to try and they were all amazingly comfortable. They also gave me lots of advice on what style would suit me.

I bought five bras (!) that day and came home and took all of my old ones to the charity shop. Not cheap but god, the difference is incredible.

For comparison I am a size 8-10 with lots of muscle.

EnidButton Wed 21-Feb-18 16:10:11

They had me in a 34C aged 12 at a size 6. 34C when I was 16 and a size 12. 34C aged 22 and a size 8. It was at that point I gave up and went to Bravissimo. Size 10 now, 28FF although I sometimes buy 30FF.

All of those 34C bras fit differently and wrongly btw. I had quad boob for a while.

Kenworthington Wed 21-Feb-18 16:13:31

M&S measured my elderly mother, who is a tiny size 8 , 10 at most , bony and post mastectomy, at a 36B. I’ve told her time and time again there’s no way she’s a 36 band. I wear a 36 and I’m a size 16! She won’t have it though. So I’ve tried to make her try on smaller sizes and she says they’re agony. I think she’s so used to being (non) fitted by M&S she doesn’t know what it should feel like . It’s hugely frustrating

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Wed 21-Feb-18 16:16:56

try Debenhams for 28 inch backs, they do some which are "non scary" as my then young teen DD described them grin. Also don't bother with fitters, take a range of sizes and try them on yourselves.

Amethyst975 Wed 21-Feb-18 16:28:42

I had a similar experience with M&S. Bought several bras at the size the fitter insisted I was and then had to take them all back because I was at least a band size smaller.

Paintbox Wed 21-Feb-18 16:31:26

FOr goodness sake, M&S are soooo rubbish, why can’t they see that that size bra was way too big in the back for your dd???

SinglePringle Wed 21-Feb-18 16:34:27

I WISH WISH WISH they would take notice of this. I mention it every time I make the vein attempt to buy a bra in there. I say ‘I have money to spend. I want to buy spend it here - you have pretty lingerie in most sizes but because you measure incorrectly, you think the majority of women are smaller in the cup / bigger in the band. If you listened to us, you’d actually make some money’.

I’ve said it to various managers. They nod in a patronising fashion...

Katz Wed 21-Feb-18 16:34:54

We went to Debenhams too but they didn’t have any cups bigger than B in 28s. We did get lucky there as they had 3 30C shock absorber sports bras for £2 each which we did buy as on the tightest hooks were fine on her and at £2 I don’t care when they stretch a bit and need getting rid of plus I think she’ll have grown by then too. Poor kid doesn’t stand a chance of small boobs. I’m a 32G and her sister is a 30H.

Hadn’t thought of Victoria secrets she loves the pink clothing - how does there sizing come up? Do they go down to a 28 back with c or d cups?

cindylouhooo Wed 21-Feb-18 16:39:09

I wore a 36C from the age of 16 to around 19 after a "fitting" at M&S. I was a size 6 at best at the time but an ample cup size. Turns out i was a 30 DD... which back then was almost impossible to find!

SoFancy Wed 21-Feb-18 16:44:56

I was measured as a 36C in M&S.

Rigby and Peller put me at a 32E by sight (no tape) which looks and feels SO much better.

Marks's bra measuring is a joke.

snewsname Wed 21-Feb-18 16:49:10

Debenhams measured me but there was so much fat hanging over the armpits I'd have looked hideous in t-shirts. They insisted it was a perfect fit. shock I found my own perfect fit instead.

Katz Wed 21-Feb-18 16:49:38

@Theresahairbrushinthefridge where did you get suitable 28 back bras from. My DD is 12 too and I’ve worked out she needs a 28d but it’s recommended to not have wires. She wants some normal bras not just sports ones.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 21-Feb-18 16:58:43

Bravissimo stock 28D.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now