Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What do you want for Mother's Day?

(92 Posts)
AliceDMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 20-Feb-18 16:37:39

Hi all,

We’re creating a page rounding up Mother’s Day present ideas and we need your help. We want to tap into your collective wisdom and hear about the gifts you really want, as well as gifts you’ve given or received in the past that went down a storm.

From small, thoughtful gestures to luxe treats, tell us what would make your Mother’s Day special and we’ll include your favourites in our Mother’s Day gifts page. You can then email these helpful suggestions to a disorganised DH or forgetful DC - everyone’s a winner.

If you fancy giving us a hand, get stuck in by linking to your perfect gift and telling us why you’d love it.

Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here.)

Taylor22 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:41:22

Unlimited cups of tea.
A nice steak dinner made for me when the kids are in bed. And to eat it hot!
Maybe even a glass of wine.

Mummyontherun86 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:43:27

A haircut in peace

Rumblemumble Tue 20-Feb-18 16:48:12

A handmade card
Flowers
A hot bath in peace

noname28 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:48:37

Wine and a roast dinner cooked for me would be heaven.

phoenix1973 Tue 20-Feb-18 16:55:00

My DD to come sit with me and watch something funny on tv and link arms like we used to. She lives in her room these days.

MistressDeeCee Tue 20-Feb-18 16:58:06

The usual I suppose. A card, and nice fun evening out with DDs that includes a meal and wine. Sometimes a mate comes along with her DCs. Our DCs are in their mid-20s.

OhHolyFuck Tue 20-Feb-18 17:06:18

Card made by the kids, maybe a nice mug

PickAChew Tue 20-Feb-18 17:08:17

Unfortunately, for you, something that money can't buy - a calm day with no meltdowns.

Woofsaidtheladybird Tue 20-Feb-18 17:11:28

Blimey, when's Mother's Day?! shock

Annabelle4 Tue 20-Feb-18 17:14:19

Afternoon tea in a nice hotel (with DH and the DC)

Or

A Beauty Box subscription

or both

Mercurial123 Tue 20-Feb-18 17:17:42

Surely it isn't about buying "stuff" a walk in the Peak District and a pub lunch is my ideal day. No way would I be emailing suggestions to people I live with.....

BeyondThePage Tue 20-Feb-18 17:19:47

no "stuff" here either, just a hug, maybe breakfast together.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 20-Feb-18 17:21:45

A slice of cake and a slushy card. I'm easily pleased grin

Blondielongie Tue 20-Feb-18 17:22:01

I'd really love a new handbag. Doesn't have to be expensive, just nice and biggish. Seen some in debenhams I like. I feel too bad dropping the hint to dp so I won't be getting it!! A cuddle from my little ds is enough though.

DaphneduM Tue 20-Feb-18 17:22:55

Just seeing my beautiful girl for the day will be enough!!! She will be driving over and it will be just the two of us - lovely!!

CountFosco Tue 20-Feb-18 17:23:52

Handmade cards, nice day out with the kids and a bunch of daffodils (tulips if no daffs).

yummytummy Tue 20-Feb-18 17:25:08

This thread makes me sad. I am a single mum to young kids who are not old enough to buy things themselves as yet. My exh was incredibly abusive so nothing from him even when we were married. I have no family. Every year mother's day makes me so sad as I have no mother and also no one to celebrate appreciate or acknowledge all I do. I think mumsnet hq should realise not everyone has "dh and dcs who you can happily send an email reminder to" in an ideal world I would have liked a small box of nice chocolates and maybe a mug. But this won't happen for me until my kids are much older

katmarie Tue 20-Feb-18 17:26:16

I'd be happy with a card that says 'to mum' on it. Its my first mother's day smile

Blondielongie Tue 20-Feb-18 17:29:18

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_089010103860_-1 this bag!!

Mercurial123 Tue 20-Feb-18 17:42:15

I just find it sad that Mother's Day involves luxe treats and sending emails with hints about what you want. I'm an adult I can buy my own stuff.

onlyonaTuesday Tue 20-Feb-18 17:45:53

Some nice soap
A meal cooked for me
A relaxing day

Rainboho Tue 20-Feb-18 17:49:18

I’m really after a blow torch and some needle files.

This thread is a bit shit. And why the fuck should we helpfully make a list to email the ‘DH and DC’ This might be the most patronised I have ever felt on here.

BluebellGal Tue 20-Feb-18 17:56:25

A handmade card from DD nursery- I got one on valentines and it made my day! Hugs and kisses. A day together.

I don’t actually expect DH to buy me anything (he probably won’t and children too young to buy stuff) but if he offered, I wouldn’t say no to a Bloom perfumery box or The Perfume Society VIP subscription grin

BluebellGal Tue 20-Feb-18 17:57:39

What are needle files Rainboho?

<misses point of the thread>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: