Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Pool party swimsuit

(11 Posts)
hipposinacircle Tue 20-Feb-18 15:18:03

I'm going to Vegas in a couple of months and we're going to a daytime pool party while we're there. Any recommendations where I can look for a swimsuit that won't make me look a frump?
I'm early 30s and a size 16 with big boobs. I had DC2 last year so it has to be a one-piece but I really don't want to feel mumsy. Hopefully I will shift a few more lbs before I go to feel a bit more confident.

trixymalixy Tue 20-Feb-18 15:57:34

Have a look at the figleaves icon range of swimsuits.

dreamingoficecream Tue 20-Feb-18 16:02:22

I'd get a stylish cozzie with matching kaftan. Big hat, sunglasses and polished toes will make you feel glamourous.

dreamingoficecream Tue 20-Feb-18 16:05:48

Horribly expensive but something like this?
www.simplybeach.com/products/melissa-odabash-cleo-lace-up-kaftan-pink-palm

DianaT1969 Tue 20-Feb-18 21:57:52

Something from Freya? It will be supportive.
My bikinis from Freya last well.

hipposinacircle Wed 21-Feb-18 09:43:09

Thank you for your suggestions, it gives me a good starting point.
I don't really want a kaftan, I think that draws attention to yourself more in a 'I'm trying to hide my body' way. I don't have a problem wearing a swimsuit, I just want to feel amazing.
Dreaming oh my goodness that kaftan is serious £££ - originally I wasn't sure what sort of budget I was applying to this task but now I know grin

Elledorado Wed 21-Feb-18 09:46:32

I love seafolly for flattering swimsuits. What size are your boobs though?

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Wed 21-Feb-18 10:18:50

Lots of nice ones here.

I like the polka dot halternecks for a pool party.

chipsandpeas Wed 21-Feb-18 10:25:45

What about a swim dress

hipposinacircle Wed 21-Feb-18 11:02:36

Rubbish that link has got loads of contenders - thank you.

I think swimdresses are a bit in the same category as the kaftans in that you make more of an issue by trying to disguise it. I know in reality no one is going to be looking at me, they will all be too busy admiring themselves.

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Wed 21-Feb-18 16:58:08

You're welcome, enjoy your holiday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: