Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Find me a backpack that s stylish and cool

(33 Posts)
baublesnbubbles Mon 19-Feb-18 07:10:48

Hello everyone
I need some MN help please, I m Looking for a backpack to carry gym gear, work papers/ reading book/ laptop, lunch / water bottle, purse keys etc - so needs to be substantial.
Does a stylish cool yet multi pocket / sectioned version exist ?
Currently using henschel black one but it s a bit small for everything I end up carrying a handbag backpack for gym gear and desperate pillage for work stuff ..... combined with coat hat scarf i look bonkers today! Have had enough of the multi bag schlep. Help please ?!

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Mon 19-Feb-18 07:11:38

Tiba + Marl

Loraline Mon 19-Feb-18 07:14:07

I'm looking for one too! Watching with interest

rubybleu Mon 19-Feb-18 07:22:09

Fact + Fiction Charli backpack - very happy with mine.

ThisIsNotARealAvo Mon 19-Feb-18 07:27:22

I have Fjallraven Kanken in grey, and I really like it. Totally waterproof and you can get tons in. I've eve used it as a weekend bag.

AngeloMysterioso Mon 19-Feb-18 08:34:49

Have you tried gymtote?

Jammycustard Mon 19-Feb-18 08:37:17

I have a Fjallraven Kanken in teal and it’s got a section for a laptop at the back and I always have a water bottle in it.

chewiecat Mon 19-Feb-18 08:44:37

I got a tumi Calais , expensive but gorgeous grin

baublesnbubbles Mon 19-Feb-18 16:19:47

Thanks all.
Not sure about the fjilarven ones,
Tiba and marl - thought they were more changing bags really

baublesnbubbles Mon 19-Feb-18 16:20:43

Just googled tumi Calais - fabulous ! But so out of my price range !

PinkLipsDontLie Mon 19-Feb-18 16:59:42

Lululemon has lovely laptop/gym gear backpacks.

PinkLipsDontLie Mon 19-Feb-18 17:00:09

For myself I hot a knomo and I love it.

tulipz Mon 19-Feb-18 17:36:19

Mia Tui backpacks

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Mon 19-Feb-18 17:37:06

I thought the same about tiba and marl but liked my friend's one - her youngest is 4 so not used as a change bag anymore, just all her work and gym stuff. Was too big for me as I don't go to the gym. Certainly doesn't look like a change bag anyway!

DrRanjsRightEyebrow Mon 19-Feb-18 17:38:24

Avoid kanken - I have one but only one proper main compartment and one small zip one, so it's hard to find stuff. Plus I'm 37 and feel like I'm a bit old for it really, all the students round here have them.

Tisfortired Mon 19-Feb-18 17:46:47

I have this it's the love of my life!

Theonlyoneiknow Mon 19-Feb-18 17:52:17

Whistles have some plain black leather ones? think style is the Verity

baublesnbubbles Mon 19-Feb-18 18:34:22

Liking the lululemon everywhere backpack And the other city run one (love the pocket marked sweaty unmentionables 😂)
Anyone able to comment on the longevity and wear and tear ability of them ?

Thanks for the suggestions !
Tiba and Marl look lovely but I m just out of toddlerdom and just can't even go there getting a changing bag. Love them otherwise.

I m more of a plain neutral type of bag not big on pattern or too much colour (am fickle so would change mind )

baublesnbubbles Mon 19-Feb-18 18:34:40

Oh whistles - will check them out thanks

springer24 Mon 19-Feb-18 18:36:54

Sandqvist

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 19-Feb-18 19:13:43

It doesn't exist unless you're prepared to spend £100 or more. I've spent the past few days trying to find one.

baublesnbubbles Mon 19-Feb-18 21:20:46

I don't mind spending a bit 100-150 maybe - have some birthday gift £££ to use, but if it s going to be spendy like that I want to know it ll hold, the straps won't give way in a week and that the fabric is either washable or wipeable and won't stink to high heaven after a few trips to the gym.
I want it to be fashionable but not disposable fashion- though if mango or Zara do a good option I m totally on it too.

Still open to suggestions ....

altkat Mon 19-Feb-18 23:32:54

Would this be too small? Always loved the look of these:

mattandnat.com/shop/handbags/backpacks/brave-black

Maremaremare Mon 19-Feb-18 23:34:05

This is really good if you want something inexpensive, or just to tide you over till you find the perfect one:

Himawari backpack

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Mon 19-Feb-18 23:35:49

Watching

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: