Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Eyebrow help please

(30 Posts)
CisMyArse Sun 18-Feb-18 23:33:15

My wonky thyroid has put an end to my eyebrows. I'm 45 and I've not plucked nor waxed them in 4 years. They're getting thinner and shorter.

I pencil them in but wouldn't mind a finer tip to make them
More natural looking.

Any suggestions?

Uptownfuckuup Sun 18-Feb-18 23:50:05

Maybe try using Brow powder and a thin brush

Fabpinky Sun 18-Feb-18 23:52:25

Microblading

tobee Mon 19-Feb-18 01:02:02

I have hypothyroidism and not great eyebrows. I get my eyebrows shaped and tinted every 6 weeks or so at a salon. Really worth it. You can also get home tints.

dalmatianmad Mon 19-Feb-18 01:12:40

Microblading! Just had mine done, it cost me £140, that includes a top up in 4 weeks.
They last for about 1 year and it's £60 thereafter smile

correctpiece Mon 19-Feb-18 01:20:19

Never heard of microblading. Bit scary! Hypothyroid here also, I get mine tinted every few weeks. Makes a difference.

CisMyArse Mon 19-Feb-18 13:27:17

Microblading???? Scary!
Is that tattooing?

littlepeas Mon 19-Feb-18 13:55:29

Another vote for microblading!

PasDeDeux Mon 19-Feb-18 13:59:00

Microblading is a semi permanent tattoo and creates realistic looking hairs, not one solid black line if thats what is making it sound scary haha. I would love to get microblading on my own brows.

dalmatianmad Mon 19-Feb-18 15:36:09

I'm 6 days post microblading and so pleased with the result!
I'm surprised how natural it looks. Never had anything like this done before. Not got any tattoos. This was literally painless, it felt as though she was drawing on my brows.
Feel so much more confident grin

correctpiece Mon 19-Feb-18 16:02:13

Anyone prepared to put a microblading photo up?

mrslebon Mon 19-Feb-18 16:04:23

As a short-term fix, try the Bobbi Brown long wear eyebrow pencil. I've used it every day since I bought it a couple of weeks ago and it's survived rainy dog walks and boxing sessions in the gym.

motherofyorkies Mon 19-Feb-18 16:21:02

microblading is similar to tattooing, but not exactly the same.

My eyebrows are tattooed. I love it. It honestly makes me look younger and happier (I don't know how they make me look happier -- may be it's the arch?).

Having eyebrows is a good thing!! Having them when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror is truly lovely.

Ollivander84 Mon 19-Feb-18 22:39:00

correct - here are mine. They're done with micropigmentation so like a tattoo machine but single needle (different to microblading)
Pic 1 after first session, pic 2 is healed after second session and with some brow gel on

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 20-Feb-18 10:05:02

Ollivander84, your brows look fabulous, could I ask where you got them done ?

Sullabylullaby Tue 20-Feb-18 10:08:43

They look really great Olivander. I'd possible go for a thinner brow, but yours are great.

Ollivander84 Tue 20-Feb-18 10:20:23

Of course, they were done here, she has lots of photos on her instagram of her work too
http://www.olivia-naylor.com

Sugarpiehoneyeye Tue 20-Feb-18 10:51:38

Thank you Lovely, I think I'll treat myself ! 😄
Sorry to be a nuisance, but is it very painful ?

Ollivander84 Tue 20-Feb-18 10:53:04

The first bit hurt but then they use a numbing cream and I felt nothing. It was bearable

Sullabylullaby Fri 23-Feb-18 21:55:09

Ollivander - I can't seem to see a cost for microblading on the website - how much for brows? Also, can you get an idea of what they're going to do before they actually do it? And finally, are they in London?

fuzzyllama Fri 23-Feb-18 21:58:34

Lucietilbrook (On instagram) does the best tattooed eyebrows I've ever seen.

Ollivander84 Sat 24-Feb-18 01:57:32

Sullaby - no, she is based in Manchester. Around £350 I think
And yes, they use a pencil and measuring etc and that's the main bulk of time is drawing and marking and colour discussing and checking in the mirror before they actually start

Speedy85 Sat 24-Feb-18 02:05:53

Anastasia Beverley Hills do the best brow products IMO in a variety of shades. I like the powder but if you prefer pencils the ones they do are thin and mechanical style (ie no sharpening required).

Their coloured brow gels are also useful as you might have lots of fine hairs which, with the gel, will help make your brows look thicker.

You can get their products online (I get them from BeautyBay).

Coolaschmoola Sat 24-Feb-18 02:08:33

I know someone who had really crap microblading. It's literally //////////////// and SO obvious. confused

HuskyMcClusky Sat 24-Feb-18 02:11:57

Ollivander, yours are outstanding!!

I’d love stronger brows but terrified of microblading in case they do that unnatural rectangular shape. Like this. Why would you want corners on your inner eyebrow?! confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: